Phuket in July (finally!!!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One very important thing by the way, do name me a great place to catch the World Cup Final. :D

Batfish:
...Only worth staying up late and watching if England are in it...so I guess I can sleep.

Well, England is still in... Just pray they beat France or Brazil.
I almost forgot about the time difference, it will be showing at about 3am in Thailand. I doubt if there will be any place opened till that late just to show the final? Hmmm... Guess I would have to watch it in my room then? It's showing on the cable TV right? :huh:

It is on some cable systems with English commentary. On the UBC (satellite) system, it is only being shown on Thai channels, no English commentary. This has prompted me to get cable installed at our house - being done today!

Batfish:
It is on some cable systems with English commentary. On the UBC (satellite) system, it is only being shown on Thai channels, no English commentary. This has prompted me to get cable installed at our house - being done today!

Hmmm... I guess it ain't that bad as long as I can catch it on the TV - with or without the English commentary. :)
I'm just hoping somebody else rather than Brazil wins the World Cup this time round. :tongue2:
I've got nothing against Brazil, just that it's getting a bit too boring to watch when it's the same guys again and again... :wink:

You may be interested to know you can get simple rooms for 150 baht per night and you can forget liveaboards for a couple of months, the sea is too rough and nobody is running any. If you two get here in July, look me up I can give you a free tour of the place. Football matches start at 2200 - 0200 here but been lucky with England so far as they havent had any 0200 kick offs.
Come to Happy Days in Chalong to watch the footy to hang out with some interesting Dive type people :)
James

gnojoey:
I will be in Phuket for two weeks from the 9th, so we might just happened to bump into each other. :wink:

Found two nice little guesthouses which I would like to stay in. Will check them out when I get to Patong. :)

Hi there,

Do keep me updated with the findings. Have been lazy searching for the accomodation. But prices are as what you have mentioned. Cannot go past this price; unless cheaper. For about 1500. You can consider aloha villa; check the web. No pools, simple accomodation (like an apartment) and breakfast. Pretty new and at high floor. But try to book one online first at least for the first night for starters; that'll make your search easier.

As for Ball games; think you will not have any problem finding the big screens there. Available in all Pubs I bet and of course your own room..but I wonder about LOB. Hope they got at least a 21inch.

And yes why not. Will just look out for a cat. :D

orangelemon:
You may be interested to know you can get simple rooms for 150 baht per night and you can forget liveaboards for a couple of months, the sea is too rough and nobody is running any. If you two get here in July, look me up I can give you a free tour of the place. Football matches start at 2200 - 0200 here but been lucky with England so far as they havent had any 0200 kick offs.
Come to Happy Days in Chalong to watch the footy to hang out with some interesting Dive type people :)
James

Hi James,

No kidding ? 150 Baht for room? A/C with hot shower? Whereabout is it? Patong, Chalong, Krata or Phuket town ? That's cheap!

I did some correspondence with one of the operator; if wheather does not permit. I'll probably do some courses there.
:11doh:

orangelemon:
James

Thanks James. The final match will be at Berlin, kickoff time about 8pm there, which is about 7 hours behind Thailand. The final will be showing at about 3am Thailand time then? Not sure if most pubs will open till that late for the final?? :)

Batfish:
...Only worth staying up late and watching if England are in it...so I guess I can sleep.

Bugger... But at least Brazil didn't make it, so it will be fun to see who might win the cup. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom