Phuket in July (finally!!!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

England out :( ouch anyway we are only 6 hours in front now (think due to clocks changing in the UK) so kick off will be 0200 I guess. If I dont have any students the next day may stay up. Yes you can get a simple room for 150 baht per night but no A/C you wil have to settle for a fan, to put it into perspective some of the very nicest rooms are now quite cheap as its the low season, you can get a kata beachfront room with pool and balcony for 1100 baht per night now. Our dive centre places divers and students there and there have only been exceptional reviews so far. So if you want to watch your money then you can get cheap but if you want something special its going to cost about half as much as it would during high season.
As a matter of interest its still as warm here as it was during high season but we do get the occasional shower for an hour or two every few days, recently been a bit cloudy but its been very sunny last week and if you dont mind the odd 'off' day its still fantastic weather. The good think about the diving here is that you can book right up to 10pm the night before you decide to go.

scubadudee:
Hi James,

No kidding ? 150 Baht for room? A/C with hot shower? Whereabout is it? Patong, Chalong, Krata or Phuket town ? That's cheap!

I did some correspondence with one of the operator; if wheather does not permit. I'll probably do some courses there.
:11doh:

yeah 150 is a normal price for average rooms in Chalong and maybe for 200 you can get something in Kata (Phuket town is too far away / too much traffic to stay if you are intending on diving / doing courses) Patong hasnt got anything going for it apart from its busy ! IMHO :)

Hmmm... We will see which two teams will get into the final. I still think it's interesting to watch who will win.
Phuket and World Cup, here I come! :14:

Dive_lover, Dec is peak season in Phuket. Depending on your accomodation requirements, you can expect to pay at least S$60-150 for 3-4 star accomodations per night, airfares starting from $260. Diving day trip prices should remain the same tho since its very industry regulated. Most trips will cost between 2200 (S$95) bh to 3200 (S$130) bh per day inclusive of food, transfer, tanks, depending on the boat and the operator.

My suggestion is book your airfare/hotel as early as you can, arrive early and book your dive trips at least a day in advance. You should be able to do a 4 day weekend with a budget of less than S$1000 (with 1 non-diving day)

DiveLover88 - your budget is 1,000 what? Sing dollars or US dollars? And for what? Just for a liveaboard? For the whole trip including hotel, flight, diving? Can surely help - pls let me know about what the budget is budgeting for!

For the entire trip (flights, hotel, diving), or just for a liveaboard? A bit tight if it's for the whole trip! I know you can get some cheap flights, and even in December a 20 dollar room is no problem in Phuket if you're not fussy.

Liveaboards - check the "lowest price" boats...

Back
Top Bottom