Pics of new Halcyon setup!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as hose lengths. Because i have a bigger chest and back than most, the 24 inch hose is the minimum for my AAS. I have tried every port combo for the AAS and what it is on now seems the best. I need to log some hours on this combo though to further fine tune it.

The secondary reg is one place where the more flexible Miflex hoses really shine.

As said, instead of screwing around with a new spg and reducing drag (which will have little impact) I'd suggest that you plug the open LP port on yer reg. :).

:D

Yeah i was figuring out which port was better for the AAS mid photo shoot time.

I think i might definitely switch both. I believe they make an improved more abrasion resistant miflex now, correct???

The long hose in miflex is a pain in the butt. Its too buoyant and many of my students end up switching it out after just the 1st pool session.

Intrigued as too why you think the 30lb wing isnt so great? I sell much more 30's than 40's. Less drag, more streamlined and plenty of lift, even with a steel.

The long hose in miflex is a pain in the butt. Its too buoyant and many of my students end up switching it out after just the 1st pool session.

Intrigued as too why you think the 30lb wing isnt so great? I sell much more 30's than 40's. Less drag, more streamlined and plenty of lift, even with a steel.

With all the stuff I carry and buoyant wetsuit, i got it for worst case scenario as well. I seen the both, there is barely any difference in how streamlined they are. I also carry extra weight since my tank is 9.5 lbs negative when full and 1.5 positive when empty.

Agree 30 is plenty of lift when attached to me with a buoyant 5 or 7mm, but if I had to take it off for any reason equipped with a 30lb bladder, it will sink.

Agree 30 is plenty of lift when attached to me with a buoyant 5 or 7mm, but if I had to take it off for any reason equipped with a 30lb bladder, it will sink.

Gotta ask what do you have hanging off your plate that a 30 lb wing does not float your single cylinder?

After diving with this setup a few times now. I'm glad I did not switch out my gauge console hose. It is the correct length. Any smaller than the standard size hose and I would not be able to view it. Especially with a tight 5mm hood. I'm definitely going to go to a wrist computer for all diving except lobstering since my hands are in holes. Also, for a back inflate system, i was surprised that at the surface I could remain upright fairly easy compared to the Sequest balance BC.

Gotta ask what do you have hanging off your plate that a 30 lb wing does not float your single cylinder?

yeah, me too. it seems going for a needlessly large wing is a pretty common mistake.

Nice looking rig! When your hunting why not put your wrist computer around your inflator hose just above where your LP hose connects so it cant go anywhere,just lift it up to view it. Put it back on your wrist when your finished digging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom