Pinnacle... a running joke in my local shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe this and quality problems were the reason that Zeagle walked away from being Pinnacle's US distributor a couple of years ago.

That's not what happened.

I believe this and quality problems were the reason that Zeagle walked away from being Pinnacle's US distributor a couple of years ago. Our LDS's also laugh about Pinnacle, but their stories are also about quality not just distribution...getting new suits in stock with one arm or leg considerably longer than the other, etc.

I think somebody is pulling your leg.

My local dive shops talk about major quality issues as well.

One was the zippers. Lots of coverage of that issue has already been posted on here.

The other was an issue with the very first version of their stretchy neoprene. It apparently had issues with recovery durability. i.e. the suits would eventually stretch and not return to normal size.

Based on things I have read on these boards, it seems that alot of these issues are either hit/miss, or already been fixed.

The only reason the local dive shops refuse to work them seems to be because of their inability to supply suits in a timely manner.

I don't get why they can't figure this out, and why online and off-line retailers aren't being upfront and honest about it.

---------- Post Merged at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:26 AM ----------

That's not what happened.

That's what I always heard. That is also what has been echoed by all my local dive shops.

I have also heard that Zeagle wanted control over the final suit designs and design process, and Pinnacle didn't want to give that up.

I always figured it was a combo of all three things.

All I know for sure is that King 1 3mm Tempo suits have been back ordered since January. Right now, their expected ship date is in mid August.

That's what I always heard. That is also what has been echoed by all my local dive shops.

That doesn't mean it's true. :wink:

Actually, if you click to select a size on our site, it shows we're out of stock for that size too. Sorry about any confusion!

I see it has changed. It changed about 2 days ago.

---------- Post Merged at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:04 PM ----------

So are we playing 20 questions now? What's the real story then? Pinnacle certainly seems to have gotten the brunt of the bad rap since the merger fiasco.

Boat sju, the trick is, there is no real story.

No one really knows what happened, except the upper levels of Pinnacle or Zeagle, and neither of them are going to openly blame the other for whatever happened.

I seem to get a consistent story from my local dive shops but... who knows, really.

I guess I don't really care.

I am more worried about now, and what it will take to actually get a King 1 sized suit.

As I see my post has been removed from the Pinnacle page, it is now pointless.

I really wish an admin would have let me know that they were going to move this post, now it fairly worthless, as Pinnacle will not be answering any of the questions I was hoping to get answered.

A friend of mine...also a LARGE diver...ordered one in King 1 size from LeisurePro last October. They entered the order into their system and when they got it in in April/May they shipped it to him automatically.
He had the same problem with sizing. No other size fit him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom