Plainfield, IL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twosheets

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
lo everyone,
New to this site and find it very informative, entertaining, and will try to log on more than the once per month I have been averaging. Been diving for 8 years and most of that in the Great Lakes states. Try to get to the ocean once a year with the Keys being the most visited location. I dive dry and always on the lookout for new "buddies".

Stay Wet!

Hi Twosheets.

Welcome to SCUBABOARD. & do try to log on a bit more often. I definitely have highs and lows in my activity but it's a great place to hook up with buddies during the non-ice diving season in the Great Lakes.

BTW - check out the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew in the club forums.

Paula

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Thanks for the welcome and hope to see more posts from you guys as time permits. The weekend is shaping up such that a quarry dive might be the better choice for me on Saturday (tomorrow). NE winds on the lake usually make for rough conditions. But Sunday could be a winner.

Stay wet and I will try to do the same, twosheets!

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Ask anything - in the appropriate forum, and we'll make up an answer...

don

:D

Welcome aboard (again)...

Bought my first set of gear at an LDS right outside Plainfield...

Bayou Platypus:
Welcome aboard (again)...

Bought my first set of gear at an LDS right outside Plainfield...

There was a shop on Rt-30 in Crest Hill and another in Shorewood. Both closed about 2 years ago. I use Aqua Paradise on Rt-59 near the tollway. Hope the diving near the bayou is good for you and just advise if you get back this way and need a buddy.

Regards, twosheets!

twosheets:
There was a shop on Rt-30 in Crest Hill and another in Shorewood. Both closed about 2 years ago. I use Aqua Paradise on Rt-59 near the tollway. Hope the diving near the bayou is good for you and just advise if you get back this way and need a buddy.

Regards, twosheets!

I got my gear from Below H2O just down Rt-59 on Rt-34...they're still in business. Can't imagine diving in Illinois (except in a heated pool maybe) --it's just too darn cold! It's amazing how fast your body gets used 80 degree water temps. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom