Plana Avanti Tre vs Avanti Superchannel for limited freediving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CapnDan

Registered
Reaction score
I need to buy a new set of full-foot fins for rough-water snorkeling and shallow freediving (down to 40' or so). I'm interested in hearing a comparison of the Mares Plana Avanti Tre and the Mares Avanti Superchannel in terms of stiffness and kick-cycle. I'm sure that both fins would be perfectly fine on the surface, but I'd like to know which one will work best underwater with a slower kick.

I need the maneuverability of short fins, so I'm not looking for a traditional freediving fin. I'm also not interested in the Volo. I might consider the Avanti Excel if it's not too stiff for extended snorkeling.

I'm hoping for a response from a Mares rep or anyone else who has used these fins in a freediving type of situation. Thanks!

Hi CapnDan,

Sorry I don't have time to go into a long disortation, but the Superchannels is the way to go. Good power, easy swimming, supports all kick strokes. We have more powerful fins ie: quattro power, but a little stiffer. However between the two you mention, I suggest the super channels. See Scuba Diving Magazine's fin review uhhh.... a couple of months ago?

Hope this helps and thanks for asking!

Sincerely,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom