Planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well wrong or right good weather or bad I am comming down there on sat dont know where I am going but I will figure out where if some one will give me some hints.Most information I have gotten jus gives general areas.Is there a good spot I should try how far should I go from the beach 200 300 yards?Which beaches would you guys and gals reccomend

Ken did you see the thread where a load of us are going on the 23rd? Anywhoo, here is a link to Alahambra (insider info thread): http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ve...9-insider-info-directions-venice-beaches.html

When you walk down to the beach, set-up around the culvert right there. Now look back, away from the ocean, and you will see a group of three super tall palm trees, I keep myself in front of those for diving. I go out about 75-100 yards and drop. You should be in about 17ft of water.

Okay, these are directions for Alhambra. If you look under the sticky for directions to Venice Beaches, you will find street directions & parking info there. Again, you are looking for Alhambra. If you go straight out from the culverts be careful. They have dropped large limestone blocks for an artificial reef in about 15 ft of water. If the viz is bad, just want ya to be aware that they are there. If you stay south of the culverts, you should be okay. Like Tracy said, most of the teeth are located in about 17 - 18 ft. of water. The last time I was at Alhambra was probably more than a month ago & there was still alot of silt on the bottom. Don't know if it has cleared yet or not. Providing the weather holds & I manage to get through this week without catching the crud from the kids (they've all got it) I am planning on diving on Sunday.:D

Last edited:
Okay, these are directions for Alhambra. If you look under the sticky for directions to Venice Beaches, you will find street directions & parking info there. Again, you are looking for Alhambra. If you go straight out from the culverts be careful. They have dropped large limestone blocks for an artificial reef in about 15 ft of water. If the viz is bad, just want ya to be aware that they are there. If you stay south of the culverts, you should be okay. Like Tracy said, most of the teeth are located in about 17 - 18 ft. of water. The last time I was at Alhambra was probably more than a month ago & there was still alot of silt on the bottom. Don't know if it has cleared yet or not. Providing the weather holds & I manage to get through this week without catching the crude from the kids (they've all got it) I am planning on diving on Sunday.:D

Ill be there sunday as well thanks for the directions

Ken did you see the thread where a load of us are going on the 23rd? Anywhoo, here is a link to Alahambra (insider info thread): http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ve...9-insider-info-directions-venice-beaches.html

When you walk down to the beach, set-up around the culvert right there. Now look back, away from the ocean, and you will see a group of three super tall palm trees, I keep myself in front of those for diving. I go out about 75-100 yards and drop. You should be in about 17ft of water.

I never saw that one I am flying out on that day and it is during the week anyway but if all of you get together on a sa or sunday and I am off I would like to go

Okay, these are directions for Alhambra. If you look under the sticky for directions to Venice Beaches, you will find street directions & parking info there. Again, you are looking for Alhambra.

Word to the wise.

Careful on parking. Don't block the entrance to to condo's at the end of the street! I talked to a local condo owner and he said the 'old timers' have nothing else better to do than call it in to the cops.

Ticket and tow!

Word to the wise.

Careful on parking. Don't block the entrance to to condo's at the end of the street! I talked to a local condo owner and he said the 'old timers' have nothing else better to do than call it in to the cops.

Ticket and tow!

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the info found some great megs and tons of teeth vis wasnt that great but it was fun

I'm glad ya found some good stuff. CMOST & I were there this morning & I don't know about him but I didn't find much of anything. Sorry we missed ya. I'm sure we'll catch ya the next time around. :)

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the info found some great megs and tons of teeth vis wasnt that great but it was fun

Megs - plural? :shocked: We need pics :bounce2: How much viz would you say you had?

Megs - plural? :shocked: We need pics :bounce2: How much viz would you say you had?

Well the best vis was off of venice beach 10ft,Sharkeys park vis was about 5 maybe 6 ft and Ahambra rd was about the same as sharkeys .Venice is where we found the most.we found 5 perfect megs about 3 inches maybe smaller then we found some whale teeth and bone and about 100 regular sharks teeth.Seemed to me that we had to go further out at the first 2 spots but venice made it to the reef and looked around to gulf side of hte reef and is where we found the most stuff. I am bringing my boat next time we got some good Ideas on how to approch things next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom