Please delete my account

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there a public list of banned users? Just curious. So many names have vanished over the years. Would be interesting to see such a list. Is that verboten info?
There is no rogues gallery and we wouldn't want one. Most bannings are simple drive-by spammers. It takes a lot to get perma-banned.

Do posters know when they are on “Double Secret Probation”?
They should as they get a lot of counseling. Quite often they simply refuse to acknowledge reality. It's probably why they got there in the first place. Having fun at other people's expense has its drawbacks.

I think most people could probably trace me in real life. I have a much too large internet footprint!

I have received a credible death threat due to my participation on scuba related discussion forums (not on Scubaboard) and I can tell you for a fact that having someone make a credible death threat against you, your wife, and your children... and then citing your address and telephone number....cures you REALLY FAST from posting any kind of traceable detail.

On this site similar things have happened and I can tell you that if someone wants a post removed where "traceable" information has been disclosed, we don't discuss it.

As a result of my experience I would be very much opposed to any policy that requires people to disclose their true identity.

R..
I moderate a photography group on Facebook and was forced to remove a user who used racial slurs against another member and threatened another with physical violence. I received a PM from him calling me a homophobic slur and wishing my entire family would die of cancer because I banned and blocked him. Nice, huh?
However, the rules of the group and Facebook requires the use of a real name. So I took a screenshot of those posts and his message to me and forwarded them to his listed newspaper employer and the school district he takes photos for so that they know what kind of person they are dealing with. If he wants to come from California to "discuss" it with me, he's more than welcome to.

I did 10 years of Kung Fu when I was younger. I can hold my own in a fight but that guy I mentioned before scared me. There is only so much you van achieve by being tough

Whatever you post to the community, belongs to the community.

if you post something stupid people are going to point that out.

If you post something on the interwebs, you better have your big boy underpants on.

. We're not going to destroy threads just because you want to take your posts and go home. It's not fair to the community to let you do that.

So if you want to leave, just stop coming back. It's so easy just to stop clicking on the link. No need to create a "poor wittle ol' me" drama thread about how you've been maligned when you haven't reported much of anything.

If you make controversial statements, then you should really put on that big boy underwear. Doubly so if you go on to defend the controversy. I'm glad that people quoted him so we have a record of the posts where he deleted content.

How easily we forget...
Marking Jumps and T's

Ucfdiver's post shortly after is enlightening

And that is not the only time or place you've done that, big boy!

How easily we forget...
Marking Jumps and T's

Ucfdiver's post shortly after is enlightening

And that is not the only time or place you've done that, big boy!
Yeah, I posted how I first learned and not how it's currently done. Leaving it up might get people to do it wrong. Leaving up Ucfdiver's post showed my mistake and yet put the current accepted practice out for everyone to see. If I wanted simply to erase it all, I could have deleted his post as well. Unfortunately, what I post carries a lot of weight with noobies.

Looks like some big boy underpants are still missing.

I'm not one to usually engage in the back and forth arguing, so I'll just reply, suuuure!

What’s the point resurrecting an incident/argument 2 years later? I can’t even remember what I had for lunch this afternoon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom