PNG Scubabboarders 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hhahaha. oh boy...news i can use, always from you.

You can call me JL.

I think I have that book (small soft cover) and I have many of the items in it.
I love PNG art. When you buy it in PNG remember that you will need to obtain an export permit from the PNG museum to get them out of the country.

I am talking about both pelagic (e.g. jacks) and reef (e.g. coral trout) fish. When we get close to the date I can see if there are opportunity to do reef checks. Last time someone went OOA on us so the staff is a bit skiddish in getting strangers to participate. I'll talk with them when we are in the Solomons in July (too remote so no diving).

JL

catherine96821:
I literally have the shakes. Homo (can I call you that?), thanks for the help on the assessment. i am not a detail person. I just started "Artifacts and Crafts of Papua New Guinea". I NEED to be reading "Exposure" before Ron kicks my butt. I did read three pages last night.

I am so inspired about this trip, probably more than any trip in my life.

Glad we have all these notes in one thread...

Fish spawning, are you talking pelagics...or what?

It would be fun to do a REEF CHECK marine survey.

That is some trippy airfare, may have to sell the first born.

cdiver2:
I had no problems at the domestic terminal other than loud Americans and the BIG one no toilet paper in the whole airport, be warned take TOILET PAPER. One other thing DO NOT use the toilets at Hoskins that's all I am going to say about it, you have been warned.

The domestic terminal is fine but some folks have told me they were uncomfortable in it. Perhaps the heat or the toilet paper. The Hoskins baggage carousel is fun too.
JL

homo maris:
The domestic terminal is fine but some folks have told me they were uncomfortable in it. Perhaps the heat or the toilet paper. The Hoskins baggage carousel is fun too.
JL

It was the time of year Oct but we did not find it hot at all, or maybe its because we are from Florida, the heat/humidity was worse in Fl than in PNG. Carousel? do you mean the guys that bring it from the plane then just put it on the ground :D . That's all we had then the guys from Walindi asked us to point it out and we did not see it again until we went to our rooms. Yes the lack of toilet paper was a big one our flight was delayed and we spent hours in the domestic terminal until they finally canceled it.
New flight 4am and that was delayed for hours. You would have thought that we would have learned our lesson the fist day and brought toilet paper from the hotel, but no this idiot needs a 2x4 across the head to learn something new.

yes the carousel was a joke. you could still have taken the Airways shuttle instead of waiting in the airport.

homo maris:
yes the carousel was a joke. you could still have taken the Airways shuttle instead of waiting in the airport.

if we had known, but it was delayed for one hour then another hour etc etc etc

David, have a blast! you seem to have a propensity for fun.

JL, what type of REEF CHECK? I was speaking of Gregor Hodgson NPO that started at UCLA, where you lay transect lines and count indicator species. Same one? data goes to UN data bank.

cdiver2:
real nice talking with you, forgot to say if you are ever in my hood knock on the door you will be most welcome.
By the way next Sat we will be in Curacao for a week then Key west for four days.

Sounds like you are in for some excellent days of diving. I've only landed on Curacao, and I've tried to dive Key West a number of times but never had any luck.

caymaniac:
Sounds like you are in for some excellent days of diving. I've only landed on Curacao, and I've tried to dive Key West a number of times but never had any luck.

What do you mean more diving, I have slowed down (had to) just bought a new house and we move in five days after we get back. We have been packing boxes for the last 2 weeks (floor-ceiling). And of course this idiot had to pack the log books/c-cards in a box. Just finished opening boxes to find them after we spoke.....I never claimed to be bright.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom