Pockets etc for 06 Scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The older Scouts were also available with a 24lb lift bladder, so it is poissible that you have one of those. Regardless, if you are diving cold water and wearing 26lbs, the Scout may not be the right BC for your application...

Scott

Judgung by the smallness of my wings, I am guessing that I have 24 lbs of lift. I have had moments where I struggled with positive bouyancy (not always and not often) when I am underwater. When I surface I have the BCD fully inflated. Once I over inflated it to the point where I could hear air weezing out the back. I had 3 layers of undergarments under my Whites Nexus Shell drysuit: My whites l;ong johns, my thermo shirt (62% merino, 38% polyester),my thermo pants (same fabric composition as the top, and my O'Neill thermo top (90% polyolefin, 10% spandex, all other panels containing 56% polyester, 35% nylon and 9% spandex).

I have tried the bouyancy test a week ago for the first time in my new BCD. My hed I think goes under. The top of my head barely makes it out of the surface. I found it hard to keep my feet vertical because I was wearing a back wingplate so I am not sure how I should really hold my legs.

I am worried that I may ascend too rapidly if I am not overweighted right now. Until I work out all my bouyancy kinks that happen from time to time.

I have uploaded the front and back view of my BCD on my profile page for you to view.

Good news. I tried diving at 24 lbs today and felt a lot better on the surface. I didn't have the ascent problem I was anticipating. Will try 22 lbs so that I fill completely comfortable on the surface.

I am now at 22 lbs. Man what a difference 4 lbs make. I can now chat with my buddy without feeling like I am goingto take water into my lungs!

Back
Top Bottom