Political Advertising in my signature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your signature is your expression of how you see life. We allow advertising in them, such as a competing site, a charter and yes, even politics. We are reviewing some of our policies on the SIZE of the graphics and just where they have to be hosted. External objects, like those little bugs really slow down the site. Any change in policy will not be directed at eliminating expression as much as it will be to address speed.

I notice that my countdown timer, as well as other people's countdown timers don't show anymore. Even though, in my control panel when I edit signature, it does show.

HMM so I can make a statement such as "Obama for President" or "Vets for McCain?" and thats allowed even in the open forum . . . HMMM seems a bit of a grey area to me . . .

Very interesting. I don't get it, but if them's the rules so be it.

Your signature is your expression of how you see life. We allow advertising in them, such as a competing site, a charter and yes, even politics. We are reviewing some of our policies on the SIZE of the graphics and just where they have to be hosted. External objects, like those little bugs really slow down the site. Any change in policy will not be directed at eliminating expression as much as it will be to address speed.

Thanks for all your work and time here with SB. I have enjoyed it a great deal both as a social forum and as a learning tool since being certified.

I do understand that total regulation also opens a can of worms and finding that balance can be, well, a PITA I would imagine at times.

In the spirit of providing hopefully useful user feedback to improve the 'ScubaBoard experience', here's mine:

Active political campaigns should be banned. In an online community like ScubaBoard, they're a BIG disincentive to staying around. As others have said, keep them in the Pub.

And to a not-insignificant part of the population, political ads are trolls. They don't have much impact on many supporters, and are there to be eye-catching and wave big red flags in the faces of opponents. Do enough people perceive it this way to label them as trolls for the purposes of the TOS? IMHO, yes.

Wonder what the Presidential canidates feel about BP/W vs Poodle Jacket. . .

Wonder what the Presidential canidates feel about BP/W vs Poodle Jacket. . .

Yes, I'd like to hear the positions of all four of the major candidates (Pres and Vice) on SCUBA diving in general before I decide who I'll vote for! Not only where they stand on BP/W, harnesses and wings or jackets; but on solo diving, their favorite dive destinations, etc. How about Pete Murray for president and Howard or Michelle for VP? Too bad El Orans can't run.

Maybe they could request a amendment to the constitution to allow El to run . . .

El's too intellectual for American voters. :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom