Political Advertising in my signature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, I've now placed some restrictions on signature pictures. You can no longer link directly to pictures.

why was that taken out?

I don't see that slowing down the server any if it was externally hosted for example....

I just had a brief but very nice exchange with Randy43068 that began regarding the political statement in his sigfile. Thanks, Randy. If we could all interact like that, the country... and the world would be far better.

Decades ago I used to have discussions with a member of a very conservative religious denomination not typically known for its willingness to accept opposing opinions. Rather than try to shut me down with recitations of Scripture or other teachings (nor me him with scientific "facts"), any time one of us stumped the other, we would go back and research the basis for our positions and then reconvene to discuss them further.

The timer was there last night and this morning it was gone. So I figure, I know when I'm leaving. I just joined the political fray. What the heck.:rofl3::popcorn:

I have 3 links in my signature that were gone this morning. They're still on my signature edit page, but got pushed out of limits overnight, although they've been there for weeks and I haven't changed anything to exceed my number of signature lines.

I don't see that slowing down the server any if it was externally hosted for example....
This is not related to "The Bug" or server performance.

"The Bug" is within the new limits (500 x 100) and can be used in your signature.

This is not related to "The Bug" or server performance.

"The Bug" is within the new limits (500 x 100) and can be used in your signature.

:rofl3:

but just no more [img][/img] linking of external pics?

I figured external linking might be prefered as it didn't take up server bandwith. (just curious...)

I just hope these banners are banned asap.
This is a SCUBABOARD, I'm here for the diving and not for the local politics.

:rofl3:

but just no more [img][/img] linking of external pics?

I figured external linking might be prefered as it didn't take up server bandwith. (just curious...)
[sigpic][/sigpic] allows an external link to a picture in your signature.

[sigpic][/sigpic] also allows us to limit the width and the height of the signature picture.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

OK gentlemen,

this is Site Support, cut the political crap.

Save it for The Pub.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom