POLL: GLWC Fall M&G Date

Weekend for the 2011 GLWC Fall Meet and Greet at Gilboa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gettin' the 23rds confused. Hold to the 23rd date means set the leading date in stone on May 23rd. Correct? Any weekend after October 11th should work for me.

Gettin' the 23rds confused. Hold to the 23rd date means set the leading date in stone on May 23rd. Correct? Any weekend after October 11th should work for me.

Correct. The poll officially closes on May 23rd. The weekend with the most votes at that point is the weekend of the GLWC Fall M&G.

I am wondering if everyone voted that prefers a certain date...otherwise this may have an outcome similar to what happened to James Durbin tonight... they will not be able to attend.

I am wondering if everyone voted that prefers a certain date...otherwise this may have an outcome similar to what happened to James Durbin tonight... they will not be able to attend.

We learned a long time ago, these polls never worked. Since I have been told I know longer am part of the group. I have let you guys do as you wish with out saying anything. Now, no matter how you set the date. There will always be someone that cant make it, on the date that is set. So you set the date, and If you can make it great! come and have a good time. If you cant were sorry maybe we will see you at the next one. That is the approach that needs to be taken. There will still be whining and complaining but it is the simplest way. Now as far as me attending I will see what date is decided and wait till further out to see how my schedule looks. If I do attend I will definitely be there in a different capacity then in the past.

Ted is right. Set a date. No matter what date it is, there will be people who have commitments elsewhere and can't make it.

Some of us, me included, can be flexible on the date. I prefer mid October only because I'm guessing the weather will be better. But who really knows?

Poll closes May 23rd as discussed previously.

Last edited:
We learned a long time ago, these polls never worked. Since I have been told I know longer am part of the group. I have let you guys do as you wish with out saying anything..... If I do attend I will definitely be there in a different capacity then in the past.

Being fairly new here I guess I miss a lot of memos and don't know anything about the inter-personal politics and such. I don't recall anything about you being ousted from this or any other group. The core of this group and what I could tell from the seemingly friendly banter and closeness are the reasons that I got involved with this group to begin with...... That and to find more folks to dive with. As it's a group of divers that have a common interest and are bonded not by geography but rather this interweb thingy that Al Gore so graciously invented for us it's bound to be clique-y based on geography simply because some of us can dive together more often. All that said (or typed), Being new here and having no say whatsoever I for one still consider you to be a key part of what makes this group work.... as a group even though you sat out the spring M&G you along with lots of others (and your generator) were missed. So anyway check your sched and make it work and get on some of these dive charters with us sometime during the season.

Being fairly new here I guess I miss a lot of memos and don't know anything about the inter-personal politics and such. I don't recall anything about you being ousted from this or any other group. The core of this group and what I could tell from the seemingly friendly banter and closeness are the reasons that I got involved with this group to begin with...... That and to find more folks to dive with. As it's a group of divers that have a common interest and are bonded not by geography but rather this interweb thingy that Al Gore so graciously invented for us it's bound to be clique-y based on geography simply because some of us can dive together more often. All that said (or typed), Being new here and having no say whatsoever I for one still consider you to be a key part of what makes this group work.... as a group even though you sat out the spring M&G you along with lots of others (and your generator) were missed. So anyway check your sched and make it work and get on some of these dive charters with us sometime during the season.

Well said. Ted, whoever told you, inferred to you, hinted to you or did or said anything that made you believe that you are no longer a part of the GLWC; that "whoever: is a Butt-head with a capital "B"

Since anyone can be a "member" any time they want, no one can be "kicked out." It's an open group and always has been. If you want to be a member ... you are one! If you choose not to hang out with us, you're not a member. It's completely up to you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom