• Tech

Votes: 163 71.5%
  • XR

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 14 6.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about teq as another choice? During prolonged surface intervals, I cook both recreational and technical meals on my pellet smoker.

was wondering and looks like IANTD abbreviation mislead me...
1706710999824.png

After reading through all of this again, I'm thinking the terms Tech, Tec, or Tek are really only important to the few divers who feel some sort of need for others to perceive that their diving, equipment and skills are superior, more complex and that what they do is more dangerous.

Tech divers know exactly who they are and rec divers know who they are. A real tech diver most likely doesn't really care what you call it or how you spell it. They just do it.

Tech divers know exactly who they are and rec divers know who they are. A real tech diver most likely doesn't really care what you call it or how you spell it.
When people find out that I taught English, there is a general fear that I am going to be critical of their grammar, spelling, etc. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I studied language enough to understand how differences arise in all aspects of communication. In general, people are very understanding of the differences in speech and spelling. It is a truly rare person who gets anal about such differences.

When I was a freshman in college, my English class required a grammar handbook, and its introduction had a statement that has stuck with me over the decades. It said that if someone were to ask "Can I go to the bathroom?", only an English teacher would not know what he meant.

After reading through all of this again, I'm thinking the terms Tech, Tec, or Tek are really only important to the few divers who feel some sort of need for others to perceive that their diving, equipment and skills are superior, more complex and that what they do is more dangerous.
Let me introduce you to my friend, the Dive Master!

if someone were to ask "Can I go to the bathroom?", only an English teacher would not know what he meant.

Why do you need to have a bath in there, just wash what needs washing

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom