POP QUIZ: How deep do you gotta be....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Daniel Joubert
WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO BE AT >6700 FT IN ORDER TO OPEN THIS BL-ODY CYLINDER ANYWAY ???!!!!???:D :confused: :D
Don Walsh and Jacques Piccard?

Now THAT'S trivia!

Roak

I knew we could finally find something that we could agree on! I knew that you were right, and yet I knew that I was right too, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I used to work in a P-Chem lab at UF in the mid seventies. We did a lot with hydrogen spectroscopy and had the world's strongest super-con magnet... for a couple of months, anyway! The professor was pretty picky about which gauge was suitable for which measurement. The more I thought about it, the more it seemed that he did not use the term "absolute" as much as he used the term "true" to describe those "special" pressure gauges. A little research on the web, and I found one of the gauge companies describe each type of gauge. HOWEVER, as much as I try I can not find them again... which is not really a bad thing, as their descriptions were pretty horrific. Like someone translating from English to Korean, then from Korean to Chinese, and then from Chinese back to English. Like the instructions I get for motherboards. Once I got the concepts down, it was pretty clear why we both thought the other was "just not getting it". Thanks for your patience.

Back
Top Bottom