Port Hardy Trip Report Sept 2-6th/2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you all enjoyed it!

The wolf eel footage is coming along pretty soon and I'll post is ASAP.

Just gathering dust.

Short on time lately. I'll post it when I can.

Sure was odd the way it was acting around. Friendly as all be, but peculiar none the less.

Very cool pictures, thanks for sharing. I need to go there soon - in my 7-mil wetsuit. What were the water temps?

Hi Mike,
HideAwayJohn here-
water temps, summer & fall range from 47 to 52 ...
water temps winter & spring range 44 to 48
...a bit chilly! but refreshing, and with so much to see, you seldom notice the cold!

Most (80%+) divers dive dry when with us- laminate suits, neoprene suits, all good... but it IS chilly. Best (warmest above & below) time to dive wet up our way would be July through September...
Wetsuit divers (in the summer) are usually fine & comfy for 3 dives/day- sometimes they skip our 4th dive...
Diving wet in other seasons can be difficult.
Recommendation: do a drysuit course (at home or with us) then talk to us about renting a drysuit.... and you can max your bottom time with few thermal issues... I'd be happy to make recommendations on gear...
Good thing is, we're only 5 to 10 minutes boat-ride to/from HideAway & the divesites...and we bring along a BIG container of hot water (wuss-water :)) for pre- and post-dive glove/hood/suit warming, AND have BIG thermoses of hot chocolate & coffee for any wait on the surface & the trip back...

Come on up- the water's great!
check it out...
Google "Browning Pass HideAway"

best regards & happy holidays
HideAwayJohn

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom