Poseidon Harness- DEMA 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Poseidon had this harness system on display at DEMA. They say it has been out for a while, but it was my first time seeing one.

It had an innovate way of attaching the wing, using those clips you see on the sides of the back of the system. Looked like it holds the wing securely, and it might help prevent "taco-ing" of wings. D rings on the harness are movable between several sets of holes that should accomodate most divers' needs Looked quality and comfortable.

Click thumbnails to see larger versions.

Poseidon had this harness system on display at DEMA. They say it has been out for a while, but it was my first time seeing one.

It had an innovate way of attaching the wing, using those clips you see on the sides of the back of the system. Looked like it holds the wing securely, and it might help prevent "taco-ing" of wings. D rings on the harness are movable between several sets of holes that should accomodate most divers' needs Looked quality and comfortable.

Click thumbnails to see larger versions.

surprized nobody cried "failure point" yet :D

looks very Poseidon-like: well engineered and thought out, but a bit on the complex side and compatible with nothing else.
Probably expensive, too.

In my opinion, Poseidon should use their skills and good name, and produce indistructible but simpler gear, at somewhat more affordable prices. Currently it seems like they price themselfes very much out of the mainstream market, which is a pity. And they should take a more aggressive marketing approach, hard to find outside of Europe.

(I am diving their regs for many years, so I know what I'm talking about :crafty: )

looks very Poseidon-like: well engineered and thought out, but a bit on the complex side and compatible with nothing else.
Probably expensive, too.

You forgot the "will still be among the top performers 30 years from now". My Cyklons still breathe on par with the latest regulators (Mk25/G250V for comparison).

I agree, Poseidon needs to do a much better job of marketing in the U.S. you really have to look hard for their gear. I'd like to have a pair of their yellow fins also, those are cool.

-Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom