Possible UPS strike - DGX ships UPS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what I’ve read, the full timers can make close to $100K a year, but I’m not sure if that includes the OT.
The full time drivers make 100k? Sounds hard to believe even with tons of OT.

Well I guess as a last resort you could support your LDS.
Depends on what you need. Rebreather O2 sensors or sorb often aren’t available locally, for example.

Depends on what you need. Rebreather O2 sensors or sorb often aren’t available locally, for example.

For me sorb, yes but I have to mail order the sensors, in fact just got one in 2 days ago.

Dive Gear Express ships via USPS, UPS and DHL name carriers for paid shipping options, as well as including some last mile services from 3PL's for our free shipping offers. We are following the potential strike closely but the reality is that 6% of the entire US Gross Domestic Product travels through the UPS systems... a strike at UPS would instantly push a major portion of that traffic to every other carrier, causing severe logistics issues for virtually all small package shipping. Given that local dive shops also rely on UPS for delivery of most store inventory, even local availability would be rapidly affected by a collapse of small package shipping logistics.

We are monitoring the situation and have mechanisms in place on our website to advise customers how the strike (should it actually happen) would affect delivery of their order. Our only advice currently is if you have an time sensitive need from Dive Gear Express (or any other online retailer for that matter) then it would be prudent to place your order no later than Monday 24th of July and select paid shipping such that the expected delivery date (shown in the shopping cart estimator) is no later than 31st of July.

They also rely on UPS for a lot of their gear.
I wouldn't tell anyone else how to run their business but I am ordering extra inventory just in case. I'm planning for a month long disruption.

I wouldn't tell anyone else how to run their business but I am ordering extra inventory just in case. I'm planning for a month long disruption.
My local dive shop did the same.

Back
Top Bottom