Post Count = Dive Count

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some people apparently forget what part of the forum they are in. This thread is in the whine and cheese part, it doesn't matter how many dives you have to have an opinion here. And Dandy Don, I know I only have 7 dives, and just got my OW cert in May of this year. What is your point to keep refering to me in your posting?
I have NOT made any opinions or remarks where it took 500, 1000, 5000 dives to opine. I'm going to Cabo in a week and a half, and weather permitting I might just double my dives. Then I could share my experiences with anyone who might care to know how a newbie's dives went in Cabos. So where is the bluffing? My profile has been filled out from the get go, 1-15 dives, and it states where and how deep all 7 of them were, no bluff. So Dan do you want to continue this harrasment or do I have to bring it up with the board. Remember Dan, you are the one who started throwing out insults, I was having a perfectly reasonable conversation with Coogeeman (Keith) until you had to put in your 2 cents. I even got an invite to come dive with him in Australia.
We were even private messaging each other.
David

Scubakevdm:
Let's not forget those of us with lots of dive experience who still think passing gas is funny and only offer silly and bizzare posts that bewilder good honest, hard-working folks like yourselves. What should we do with them... send them money?
What to do with Kev? Uh, let me start a poll on that. :crazy3:

dlndavid:
Some people apparently forget what part of the forum they are in. This thread is in the whine and cheese part, it doesn't matter how many dives you have to have an opinion here. And Dandy Don, I know I only have 7 dives, and just got my OW cert in May of this year. What is your point to keep refering to me in your posting?
I have NOT made any opinions or remarks where it took 500, 1000, 5000 dives to opine. I'm going to Cabo in a week and a half, and weather permitting I might just double my dives. Then I could share my experiences with anyone who might care to know how a newbie's dives went in Cabos. So where is the bluffing? My profile has been filled out from the get go, 1-15 dives, and it states where and how deep all 7 of them were, no bluff. So Dan do you want to continue this harrasment or do I have to bring it up with the board. Remember Dan, you are the one who started throwing out insults, I was having a perfectly reasonable conversation with Coogeeman (Keith) until you had to put in your 2 cents. I even got an invite to come dive with in Australia.
We were even private messaging each other.
David
Hello. Sorry, but I was thinking of someone/something else. Descriptions can be coincedential, though; guess I need to be more careful.

Never been to Cabo. Heard nothing but good about it. T/S Javier will be thru there this weekend, so I hope you're bless with good diving and all. Really need to go there sometime.

Ever do a Channel Islands Liveaboard? Boy, that is diving! Dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat- 5 or more dives in a day. You're fortunate to live so close. :thumb:

DandyDon:
Ever do a Channel Islands Liveaboard? Boy, that is diving! Dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat- 5 or more dives in a day. You're fortunate to live so close. :thumb:

Don't want to dive cold water until I get more experience. Once I feel comfortable in the warmer waters a will try the California diving, maybe in a couple of years.

In my view, post count is just like rating someone. I really dont think it's needed.

man on man......I wish I had as much time to dive as I do work.....sadly must work to be able to dive :( , until then I will limit my time to trolling and not responding some of the great advice that I have recieved here and been able to put to pratice in my oh way to short time under the water. Guess I to have been doing it wrong, sorry about that, not.

gotta crawl before I can run and hope I always crawl and not forget to learn new stuff, but I do understand where you are coming from. I to suffer from a mild case of excitement when I learn new things and just have to share with those that came before me so they can reasure me that I am doing it right or wrong, whatever the case may be.

Most helpful part of this board for me is the accidents forum. Helps to keep me focused and aware, I don't want to be a stat on a clipboard.

Brian

love2godeep:
I had another idea about SB. I've been coming here for about a year to gain knowledge from the experienced. And it has improved my diving.

As for sharing my experience... with less than 50 dives, I don't have a wealth of knowledge to share, and so I don't. But I've shared my experience when a dive went wrong, my experience with diving in the Philippines, my experience with trying to find a good instructor for my AOW, my experience with coping with a nondiving SO, etc.

I've asked a few questions, and gotten a wide variety of answers, from some who were obviously less experienced than others. It's been a learning experience, even, to sift through the responses and glean the gold.

But please, don't limit our posts to the number of dives we have made. I daresay most of us would have to lie low for a long time.

And ScubaBoard is too great a place for that.

I wholeheartedly agree. With my dive experience I wouldn't dare give my opinions on things like what's good/bad about DIR, or what BP/W setup is best, simply because I am not qualified to give opinions on those subjects.

But that doesn't mean that I'm not qualified to give my opinions on other subjects like how I distribute the weight on my Aqualung Malibu BC, or how cold/deep I've taken my Mares Abyss reg, or how I've managed to stuff three divers AND their gear into something smaller than an SUV, or what the conditions were like for last weekend's dive. These are things I've had personal experience with, and someone asked to share them, so I have.

As I've said on a particular thread that's gotten rather heated (and still is last time I checked), "Just because I'm a newbie to diving doesn't mean I'm a newbie to life."

I think it should be up to the individual reader to determine the poster's credibility and qualifications.

I think the original poster tongue in cheek on his statement, and he seems as happy as I am about adding Logged Dives to the User stats last night. Did you notice that?

I think it should be up to the individual reader to determine the poster's credibility and qualifications.
It's been interesting to see that some are resistant to the idea of adding such info to thier Profiles and seperately - Dinve Info, though. Anit-communication on a communication board. :rollevley

DandyDon:
I think the original poster tongue in cheek on his statement, and he seems as happy as I am about adding Logged Dives to the User stats last night. Did you notice that?

No. Please explain what you are talking about.

Thanks!

NudiLover:
No. Please explain what you are talking about.

Thanks!
just let it go, it was a bad thread.
I'm looking forward to some diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom