Prayer is useless?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara:
I choose to attend a non-denominational church that does it's best to base its beliefes and actions on the Bible and nothing else and

whose Bible? let us for now discuss the New Testament

who decided which books went into the New Testament?

why were many books kept out of the New Testament?

why do you think so many people have so much vested in keeping the
New Testament as it is, and not considering any other sources, or how it came about?

to find the real Jesus, i had to step out of the box. the biggest box was
the one that said, "this is the official version. don't listen to anything else."

who are the scribes and pharisees of today? who are the corrupt temple
priests?

who hath ears to hear, let him hear

H2Andy:
whose Bible?

who hath ears to hear, let him hear

God did of course. Christians endwelled by the Spirit of God, moved by God, given discernment by God, used in the churches the books authored and inspired by God.

They contained historical inaccuracies or contradictions and clearly were not authored by God. These same Spirit indwelled Christians rejected many letters or books if you like. Because many were already trying to corrupt God's word.

But I think you already knew these answers. I could add the Scriptures if you like?

Fish_Whisperer:
And you have objective (i.e. no more circular logic, please) knowledge of how God actually is? (i.e. "through a glass, but darkly...." as Paul wrote)

I just believe the rest of the Book. The same one the rules came from. But c,mon, don't deny it and then quote it in the same breath :D

TheDivingPreacher:
God did of course. Christians endwelled by the Spirit of God, moved by God, given discernment by God, used in the churches the books authored and inspired by God.

that is the orthodox, mainstream answer, and one you have been well
instructed in.

it also would end any further discussion.

if you are satisfied with that answer, then you have ended your search:

Then Jesus said to those Jews which believed in him, if ye continue in my
word, then are ye my disciplies indeed; And ye shall know the truth,
and the turth shall make you free.

i wasn't satisfied, and my search continues, but now i am free

Fish_Whisperer:
I haven't denied anything. My beliefs differ from yours, but I've had an open enough mind and enough respect to learn yours and consider them, rather than being judgmental and dismissive. *shrug*

You just can't help yourself, can you? No one is going to convince anyone else here.

See you in hell, :wink:
Supernal

TheDivingPreacher:

They contained historical inaccuracies or contradictions and clearly were not authored by God. These same Spirit indwelled Christians rejected many letters or books if you like. Because many were already trying to corrupt God's word.

But I think you already knew these answers. I could add the Scriptures if you like?
Where there are discrepencies between versions or translations, which version is the one authored by God (or those moved by Him)? How are we to know that, in cases where scriptures were declared apocryphal for essentially political reasons, that the person making the declaration was acting in God's interest and not his own? Is it that whatever revisions are made under whatever circumstances, by whatever person, they must be acting under divine guidance because it is the Bible?

If I'm inspired to write a new gospel (Matthew II?), and have a bible published that includes it, is that also the Word of God? How can you tell? Do you just take it on faith that every change that God has not interceeded to prevent has His implicit endorsement?

Back
Top Bottom