Prayers for a swamper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David's status:
In the early hours of Sunday morning, David was life-flighted to the Burn Center at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio (BAMC), which I understand it THE best burn center in TX.
He has 2nd degree burns over 70% of his body with small areas of 3rd degree burns (one of note on his back). Some of this may change to 3rd over the next 3 days. Not burned were his ankles and feet. His lungs showed no internal burn damage which is great news. Until the swelling goes down, the opthamologist won't be able to determine how much his vision will be impacted by the burns (maybe 3 days) but speculation is there maybe some amount of permanent damage. He was intubated and sedated and is being hydrated, keeping his brain asleep so his body can concentrate on optimal function. Monica, his fiancee, and David's parents are with him.

Update posted last night:
David is still stable. Please keep your prayers coming for him! Believe for his kidneys to start pushing the fluids out and the reduction of fluids he needs to allow them to lower the amount of fluids he is receiving, which will reduce his swelling. Keep praying for his strength and for the healing of his physical body. I love him so much, and we appreciate all of your support and prayers.

I will post updates as I get them.

Please god, hear our prayers....

I've not met David yet. I've always enjoyed his posts and PMs here, and while his diving is way out of my range - sorry our paths haven't crossed yet in Coz. I'll be near there in July and hope to meet him for lunch then, at least.

I've not met David yet.

Hey Don, If you think back you met David at a Wet Wendy's in August, 2010 at the SB get together. That is when I met you the first time.

Wet Wendy's 2010.jpg

David's status:
In the early hours of Sunday morning, David was life-flighted to the Burn Center at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio (BAMC), which I understand it THE best burn center in TX.
He has 2nd degree burns over 70% of his body with small areas of 3rd degree burns (one of note on his back). Some of this may change to 3rd over the next 3 days. Not burned were his ankles and feet. His lungs showed no internal burn damage which is great news. Until the swelling goes down, the opthamologist won't be able to determine how much his vision will be impacted by the burns (maybe 3 days) but speculation is there maybe some amount of permanent damage. He was intubated and sedated and is being hydrated, keeping his brain asleep so his body can concentrate on optimal function. Monica, his fiancee, and David's parents are with him.

Update posted last night:

I will post updates as I get them.

Thank you Elena! Actually, BAMC is one of the best burn units in the WORLD - and definitley in the country! He is in the very best possible hands! You know that David is a fighter - I have all of the faith that he will make it through this! Constant prayers for David, his family and Monica! Stay strong and know that we really are all pulling and praying for all of you!

God be with you, David.

Hey Don, If you think back you met David at a Wet Wendy's in August, 2010 at the SB get together. That is when I met you the first time.
So much for my weak memory... :silly: Fail again. It's always been bad but going fast...!

So David is in the blue shirt across from Christi...??

Monica said on facebook at 210pm 2/27::
David is doing awesome!!!! His tubes are out. He is drinking on his own.....and of course he is talking! He said he could see pretty good. His eye pressure is good. He is on less medication...he really is doing great!

Fantastic news!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom