Previous free diver trying my hand at scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LGHT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New to the sport of scuba, but I have been free diving for a few years. Was never really that good at free diving, but I just loved being in the water. Took the PFI intermediate freediving and max dept was only 80'. Getting a little old (and out of shape) and freediving is pretty tough so I thought I would try scuba. I live in Orange County and there are tons of great dive spots so now to find some dive buddies and get some gear before the summer starts!

Welcome to :sblogo:

and Welcome a new hobby:admingreet:

80' is impressive to me, just don't ever hold your breath coming up in scuba. Have you had any trouble with catching yourself holding your breath?

80' is impressive to me, just don't ever hold your breath coming up in scuba. Have you had any trouble with catching yourself holding your breath?

well in the training the instructor did a 200' dive to replace the pull line on the bottom so my 80' was pretty average even among other students who most of them got to 100'.

Oddly you asked about me holding my breath, because I did do it several times when I knew I shouldn't. The instructor made it a habbit to punch me anytime he didn't see bubbles. Old habbits I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom