Price Question (SP-350)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ran to Costco at lunch let me walk around there are several in the Raleigh store (maybe 40 or so)

Linda,
Spindale is between Charlotte and Asheville, but I will make a business trip to Raleigh to pick up the camera this week. Maybe I can call ahead and have one waiting for pickup.

Thank you very much for taking the time to go and check for me.

When hunting for a camera online I am very suprized at how many Grey Market vendors they are, and how many do not even list the truth about the product.

Are you a Costco Member?

If you need directions to that store PM me and I will give them to you, personally I think Raleigh is a confusing place to get around. Also I wouldn't mind a back up so let me know when you will be around and if I can work it in maybe I can meet you there so I can get one too.

what's the difference between grey and black market? Sorry to ask this question since it's nothing related to diving

sunkarm:
what's the difference between grey and black market? Sorry to ask this question since it's nothing related to diving

The "black market" is illegal trading in goods/currency. The "grey market" is selling manufactured items intended for one market in another. For example, some cameras are made in various versions for the US, European, & Asian countries. Frequently, the cameras are identical, but the company does not honor its warranty in the US on a camera built for Asian markets. "Grey market" cameras are bought in Asia, imported to the US, and sold to unsuspecting customers who think they are getting the real deal with a US warranty. It isn't strickly illegal, but in an "grey" area, hence "grey market."

Sometimes, grey market items look like their US cousins, but aren't of the same quality.

Additionally, it is considered OK for a vendor to sell "grey market" items in the mix as long as it is explitcly disclosed. Many people knowingly buy grey market lenses. The problem is with those shady vendors who sell grey market equipment as regular retail items. B&H Photo is an example of a legitimate vendor with this full disclosure policy.

We were out of stock of SP-350 for 4 days. Our entire sales staff new more had shipped, and our official line was that more cameras would arrive "any day".

They did arrive as scheduled. These are USA warrantied cameras & housings, in unopened packaging.

fishguts:
Reefphoto does NOT have the SP-350 in stock, but wanted me to place an order anyway. They could not guarantee when then would arrive.
I tried to order from Broadway Photo, and after they called, then tried a bait and switch. The units are not US models, nor does it list it as being otherwise in the description. Does anyone know where there might be a US/non Refurb camera in the US.
Thanks

Ryan,
I was not trying to say you sold Grey Market cameras, just when I called and talked to the sales person about ordering one, I was told they was out of stock and the way to get one is to pre-order. When I asked when they were expected to arrive, I was told that they were on order, but did not have an expected arrivial date. I explained to the salesperson that this was going to be a Christmas gift, and if I preordered would it be guaranteed to arrive before then, I was told no. If you had a scheduled date for arrival then why was I not told they are expected on Dec 12th. As of Dec 11, you did not have them in stock according to the sales person I spoke with.
I gave Reefphoto first chance and in the future I will try to shop with you, but at this time I have already found an alternative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom