Primary Reel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321:
Some people put a small loop of bungie on their primary and attach the double enders to that.

http://homepage.mac.com/samilaine/PhotoAlbum20.html

I tried it for awhile but it was unimpressive and unnecessary for me. The reel is either clipped off to my left chest d-ring on descent, in my hand in use, or clipped to my butt d-ring on ascent. I am not concerned about this unusual metal to metal connection.

I agree. I replaced the double-ender with a SS screw D and a single ender (screw locking D links the hole on the halcyon reel to to a loop on a single ender). I decided to do this after I just about lost a primary off a boat in the great lakes when climbing back onboard, The metal to metal contact issue, in my opinion, is overrated. I mean in this case, my reel is now no different than most dive rites with the clip bolted on.

In the end, dive what works for you.

in_cavediver:
I replaced the double-ender with a SS screw D and a single ender (screw locking D links the hole on the halcyon reel to to a loop on a single ender).

I'm having a hard time picturing this. Have any photos?

rjack321:
I'm having a hard time picturing this. Have any photos?
I'll try to post some when I get back next week. (spending a bit of quality time in Luraville)

Hello!

Can someone please post a good place to buy the Larry Green reels? Would be good if it was a shop that sells to Europe, too.

Does anyone have the eMail and/or website of the manufacturer?

Thanks!

Hello!

Can someone please post a good place to buy the Larry Green reels? Would be good if it was a shop that sells to Europe, too.

Does anyone have the eMail and/or website of the manufacturer?

Thanks!
rich at cave excursions east sells them

I bought a jump reel(Larry Green) from Amigo's. The Wakulla Diving Center(Gregg Stanton's place) also has them.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom