Pro Plus 3 users....speak up !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm considering one to replace a failed Suunto Cobra and am disappointed to see it does not record starting and ending air pressure in the log. Any chance a software update will add that?

The PP3 does record both starting and ending gas pressure for gas1 in the log. It also will give a gas consumption rate line as well as gas pressure for any point in the dive, based on the sample rate. The information in the sample are: Temp, NDL, Air time remaining, NDL Graph, Dive time, Gas selection, Pressure, Max Depth, Current Depth and Gas Mix.

The log information contains: Date, Start/End Time, SI, Min Temp, PO2, max depth,, Max O2%, Elapse time, Average Depth and Sac.

There is really nothing I can think of that it is missing.

DiveNav
for those of us that own a pp3, and have it registered, will we get a voucher when the class becomes available?
I don't know .... You will need to check with Oceanic directly.

I picked up my Pro Plus 3 a few months ago--I have only dived with it twice. The first time I heard no audible alarms, even though I had most of them turned on. I have the current 1B firmware and dove with it again yesterday. I have verified alarms are turned on but none were heard. I have good hearing (tested annually), can hear my gopro noises, and my buddy's computer chatter away, and my old computer just fine. Any ideas?

Uh, hmm, you didn't do anything wrong that would cause the computer to beep you? :wink:

Mine are always very chatty with me....

Does it beep when you turn it on - it should.
In the Alarms menu - AUD set to ON?
Each alarm set that you want, normally I set END only.

If it does not beep on turn on and you have AUD set to ON with others set ON and you have exceeded those points, I would call Oceanic. They have been very helpful when I have contacted them.

Hi all, as a future owner of a PP3 I have a few questions.

1. What app/software are you using to download your dive info for your logs? And why?

2. What purpose does a dive computer simulator provide? And how do you use it?

3. Do you feel the cable and software necessary to get to your dive info? Does the PP3 computer show enough data just on the computer to make buying the cable unnecessary.

4. When diving with the computer, do you also use a lanyard to attach it or do you connect it directly to your BC?

Thanks in advance.

Don

When I use my PP3 I simply have a butterfly clamp that attaches it to a d point across my chest. I use diver log on my mac because it is designed to work on my mac. I like to have the cable to download my dive profiles because it shows my sac rate and other dive info so I can always look at the data and try to learn something to work on for the next dive.

I wish the manual provided some sample dives and scenarios of what to do. I also think it would be very useful to a new diver like me if the manual explained why you would want certain settings over others.

I am a new diver and I bought a Pro plus 3 and can not find any classes for it. I went to the Oceanic site (supplied in the products disk) and I get "Page not Found" for almost every page. I have emailed them 3 times and they do not respond. I am VERY disappointed in Oceanic. anyone else have these issues?
you can buy online computer dive training for most computers at a very modest price Dive Computer Training

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom