Problem fitting Inon UFL-165AD Lens to Recsea S95 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@ Nemrod

Thanks ... great illustration of ghosting and the kit which you use

I use the INON dome which you have in your picture above
I'm curious out of the three lens' pictured above, which one would you use more often or in preference to the other and why

Thanks .... L

@ Nemrod

Thanks ... great illustration of ghosting and the kit which you use

I use the INON dome which you have in your picture above
I'm curious out of the three lens' pictured above, which one would you use more often or in preference to the other and why

Thanks .... L

Layla, please do not allow me to pass myself as an expert, I am not. But to answer your question, I, lately tend to use the FIX/Fisheye UWL-28 the most because it is almost as sharp as the FIX-04 and nearly as small as the UFL-165AD. If, however, I intend to switch lenses or I am restricted to one lens, I go with the UFL-165AD. First because of the the AD mount and my UCL-165AD macro lens and also that my travel case was cut for and contains both.

IMG_0032-1_edited-1.jpg

I always thought sun balls were easy with the S90. It ain't no Nikonos but then, what the Hell, they took my Kodachrome away!

N

Would like to correct myself
The flare is a limitation of the LENS not the camera
It is possible that this is something to do with the way the dome is built

The inon lens flares even with the sunball in
Unfortunately is a weakness of the camera
So even with your strobes behind the port if you include a sun ball you may have flare

just found my lens boxes with instructions and it meantions the "anti-ghost" stickers but it looks like you stick these on the camera but i cant quite work out how they work as you stick them around the lens barrel of the camera which is meant to reduce reflection esp when using add on lens but im wondering if this would just be the case with silver cameras rather than the black canon we have? not sure if this makes sense?

just found my lens boxes with instructions and it meantions the "anti-ghost" stickers but it looks like you stick these on the camera but i cant quite work out how they work as you stick them around the lens barrel of the camera which is meant to reduce reflection esp when using add on lens but im wondering if this would just be the case with silver cameras rather than the black canon we have? not sure if this makes sense?

You do not need those with the Recsea housing.

N

In the bottom right hand corner of these two shots you will see what I believe is flare from the right hand (bottom) strobe when I turned the camera to shoot vertically but left the strobes in the (approximately) same position that I had them for some previous horizontal shots. Is this the ghosting that people are talking about with the UFL165AD ?

IMG_1307.jpgIMG_1308.jpg

It could be but also the sun is exactly opposite that white spot
In my case the strobe flare when occurring is more defined with one burgher spot
Your seems more the residue of the sunball in the left upper corner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom