Product registration unavailable on Mares.com site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was told by Mares that the only way to register anything is to send in your warranty card.

You have to love Mares!
You can't register your products on-line.
They give you a warranty card to fill out but do they put a mailing address on it so that you can post it to them? No they don't!
Do they have the mailing addresses listed on their website??? No they don't!
Do they have any contact information listed on their website??? No they don't!

Why do they make it soooooo hard to register a product? :confused:

Oh and i'm not Mares bashing! Okay maybe a little bit...but they asked for it!!! :D

I phoned Blandford Sub Aqua this morning as I thought they may have an address to register Mares regs.

Was told that they stopped importing Mares 4 year ago due to "issues". Was also told that Mares have got problems in the UK at present. Don't know what this means.

For the UK, please send the card to:
Head U.K. Ltd.
2 Beezon Road - Kendal Cumbria
LA96BW Kendal Cumbria
+44 0 1539 724 740

I would not put much in what Blandford states, they were not happy when we took the distribution away from them.

On any of the country home pages of our website, in the upper right corner there is a menu item called sales network. In there you can find dealers or distributors around the world.

Phil

Head U.K. Ltd.
LA96BW Kendal Cumbria
+44 0 1539 724 740

I would not put much in what Blandford states, they were not happy when we took the distribution away from them.

On any of the country home pages of our website, in the upper right corner there is a menu item called sales network. In there you can find dealers or distributors around the world.

Phil

So is there any word on whether or not they are going to address their website issues??

Thanks Phil,
At least we have somewhere to post the registration card now. Its disappointing that is so difficult to get an address just to send in a warranty registration card. Can't see that address anywhere on paperwork or the website.

As others have said, would be nice to get the on line website registration working again. Trust you have this in hand now.

Head U.K. Ltd.
LA96BW Kendal Cumbria
+44 0 1539 724 740

Phil

I sent my warranty registration bumpf to Head U.K. back in December, I think it was....still no reply! Might have to chase it up,eh? :shakehead:

I sent my warranty registration bumpf to Head U.K. back in December, I think it was....still no reply! Might have to chase it up,eh? :shakehead:

When you send in your registration card, you do not get a reply. The most important item to save for any warranty claim would be your proof of purchase.

Regards,

Phil

PS: We are working on the website.

So is there any word on whether or not they are going to address their website issues??

Haha, I was wondering the same thing! :D

But I have yet to read a post saying that MARES are revisiting their approach to address these problems. Guess they're just going to stick their heads in the sand and wait for people to just get over it. :shakehead:

Another thought on this subject....
Granted not everyone has access to the internet, although that is becoming more and more the exception. But surely it is more cost/time effective to receive registration details electronically rather than through the postal services?

Just a thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom