Product registration unavailable on Mares.com site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, in order to get the address to send in my product registration card I had to find this thread and read through 3 pages!

Unfortunately a year after this thread was started, nothing has improved then... It just makes you wonder how many people actually never send the registration card in.

God help Mares if a general urgent product recall would ever be required.

I haven't been able to register Mares products since 2006, when I bought my first Mares equipment. I would think a simple Internet registration page wouldn't take over three years to fix. Nor should it take that long to understand that maybe putting an address on the registration card is a good idea. As for the "no need" to register, just keep receipts, what if there is an item recall? How would you inform people if you don't have a registered buyer list? Just seems like it would be good business practice to have a simple, fool-proof way for people to register products. My two cents.

Jim

I found this link:
Consumer Product Registration

I had to register my login information. After that you are prompted to view your currently registered items and or registered a new item.

I don't own Mares items but my sister does. I have to have her try it too. I think she was having issues with it as well.

The link to login is:
http://oms.mares.com/cpr/login.jsp

I just spoke to my sister about it and she said that she was not given any options for her regulator. It just showed computers.

Shortly after her saying that, I found this page:
https://oms1.head.com/oms/mares.do

It has a contact tab on it on the top right along with a help link. The help link doesn't look like it works, but the contact link appears to maybe work. It looks like it is an up to date site.

© 2011 MARES is at the bottom right.

I found this PDF for Mares Recall on a Nemo Computer. It says: "The telephone number for the Diving Division is 203 855 0631; fax 203 866 9573; website www.mares.com. For HEAD USA information, log on to www.head.com"

I called and found that Mares is owned by HEAD or that their parent company is HEAD.

I thought that the OMS portion of Mares was owned by Ocean Management System, then discovered that Head OMS is Head Online Management Systems which is their online system they use for registration and product information.

I called the above number and they told me that I had to register products through the mail and that they do not do them online. The girl I spoke with told me to forward registration cards to:

Mares
902 Clint Moore
Boca Raton, FL 33487

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom