Product registration unavailable on Mares.com site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,

we are three new owners of Mares Nemo Wide. After having read the instructions to upgrade the computer via DRAK software and interface we wanted to register our devices in order to download the upgrade. We could register as users, but product registration was impossible. Once you are on the page where you are supposed to choose/search for your piece of equipment the site only replies 'product not found'. We didn't find any way to register the product and download the upgrade. We tried different browsers as well as had a look at the page source, but it seems that the website's search engine does not reply anything fit and blocks going futher. As there is no contact email on the Mares site itself , I thought I might post this here . We are from europe but this part of the site is marked as Region=ALL anyway.

Thanks for any fix or direct link to upgrade v2.0

Regards

Hellenbrand Fred

Hi,

I have not gone to the website to confirm everything is working properly, although it should be. Please take a look at this attachment to make sure you are following the proper protocol. If this does not work, please let me know.

Thanks for your support!

Best,

Attachments

• Nemo Wide Software Upgrade Online.pdf
    334.4 KB · Views: 454
Hi I had exactly the same problem, for whole first week after purchasing Nemo Wide I tried to register it on Mares website. Each time I tried to search for the product it returned with 'product not found'. Surprisingly today was a different story, it found the computer from the first try, no changes have been made to the search query. I clicked on select and been offered to enter Serial Number, Purchase Date and Purchase location. After entering all what I was asked I hit «êegister button. Here the new problem started, the page seems like it has been submitted but there was not a single result shown. I repeated the same procedure over and over, but still no result. The page keeps coming back to the same place. I decided that this is it, everything is registered, but after checking my registered devices page I realised that nothing had happened at all.

Zak, if you can comment anything on this I will appreciate it.

Thanks

Sergey

I for one and i'm sure there are many others around the world, am unhappy with Mares in terms of their after sale support. It's a great pity that the support doesn't match the quality of their products. :shakehead:

The support and product registration on the Mares website is shoddy and virtually NON-EXISTENT. It is really disappointing that Mares seem content with the system that they have even though it doesn't come close to providing the level of support people expect.

In contrast to Mares, Oceanic does a much better job (So does Nikon and Taylormade golf for that matter). I purchased a Oceanic VT3 dive computer and registering it was a breeze. However having bought a Mares Abyss regulator (1st and 2nd stages) and Pegasus BCD. Registering these products has been impossible. At the moment you can only register and Mares computer or regulator.

Customers trying to contact Mares directly seems to be unwanted. Finding contact information on the website is seriously lacking, if even present at all. If it is then it seems to be hidden away somewhere obscure.

I have not gone to the website to confirm everything is working properly, although it should be.

I'm not trying to crucify Zak here but honestly Zak..... if you claim that everything is working surely you only say that if you've actually taken the time and effort to verify that fact that it's working? Maybe that's just me but it sounds like common sense.... :dork2:

Does Mares view this seriously I wonder or are they just going to give some excuse as to why they can't provide their customers the level of support they desire that their competitors are currently providing?

I can't register my new regulator through Mares wb site. Not a new issue but should had been fixed some time ago.

Same here no product found had the same problem last year when registering 2 regs and a computer. Supposedly corrected now I can't find any of my other mares products either.

Here's a thought for a possible solution that Mares could put in to fix the problem.....

Have a "drop down list" that lists the different products that are available to register, instead of searching in the hit and miss fashion that's currently there. Once there just have a form that the person/customer can fill out with all the details and add it to the customers profile under registered products/items.

Not to even mention the possible marketing and sales bonuses/value that this could lead to if correctly utilized.....

Was told by Mares that the only way to register anything is to send in your warranty card.

I had the same problem when I tried to register my regulator a month ago. I havn't been back to see if it was working or not yet.
I wish they would address this problem.

Likewise. Tried to register my new MR22 and MV octopus today. Whatever I put in the search field, i get 'no products found'

If I complete the product registration card in the UK, where do I send it please Zak?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom