Prohibited fin colors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KeithRett

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone,

I recently had the opportunity to try out some Scubapro seawing nova fins and now I'm looking to pick up a pair. While checking out all of the available colors I stumbled upon some pictures of an orange variant. After a little searching I was able to find more information about them. Here is a link I found in a different thread. I've seen several pairs for sale on various websites with no mention of the Instructor or Divemaster only requirement. This may be a silly question, but could someone who is not an instructor or divemaster purchase and use these fins? I was looking for a color that would stick out and the orange seems like the perfect choice.

There are no scuba police. Because there are no scuba laws. Why someone would actually want orange dive gear is beyond me (except for a Doxa dive watch), but no one will put you in jail for wearing the wrong color gear.

There are no scuba police. Because there are no scuba laws. Why someone would actually want orange dive gear is beyond me (except for a Doxa dive watch), but no one will put you in jail for wearing the wrong color gear.

To match their DOXA, duh.

I like orange. I used to have an orange BC and an orange mask. Orange is cool.

"Instructors" do not have a special color. The safety orange is open to all.

N

They do ask for certification level on that website. I wonder if they are really trying to only sell these to instructors. But if you manage to buy them, there's no reason not to be able to use them.

To match their DOXA, duh.

I like orange. I used to have an orange BC and a orange mask. Orange is cool.

"Instructors" do not have a special color. The safety orange is open to all.

N

Hello, we all used to have orange gear. Then I moved to Texas, and was confused for a UT fan. You and I may like orange, but Texas fans are insane about it. Don't want to be confused with someone insane. Or something.

Hello, we all used to have orange gear. Then I moved to Texas, and was confused for a UT fan. You and I may like orange, but Texas fans are insane about it. Don't want to be confused with someone insane. Or something.

Well, we are LSU and I am having a hard time with the purple and gold ensemble.

N

Orange is cool! Around my neck of the woods farmers even dress there cows in orange blankets during certain times of the year. It must be for fashion, why else would a cow wear orange:idk: .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom