Puerta Galera / Sabang restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just take US$ it's easy to change, the rates are mostly reasonable IMO & it takes up much less room in your wallet!

You could certainly eat for <P400/meal average without any hardship, even P1000/day would be fine. Actually if you had the daily specials, you could eat at Hemmingway's every night on that budget (not to go on & on about Hemmingways, IJS)

San Miguel beers are about P50-60 each. If you're a smoker local Malboros are $1 a pack

I can also wholeheartedly recommend the Full Moon restaurant in Small La Laguna, next to Action Divers, about a 10 min walk from Sabang. By far and away, I felt it was the best place to eat in Puerto Galera. Most main courses on the menu are in the 300 to 500 p range.

Hi Ryan..

I can recommend you change money just enough for you travel going to Sabang because, sometimes exchange rate here in sabang is more higher than in manila.

Would it be safe to plan that most meals are going to 400 pesos or less?
400php is much for single person meal so you will be alright..

see you around sabang!

:pDo you have a share on hemingway? there are more places in sabang to eat, not that expensive but same as best as hemingway's food. :p

Hi Ryan..

:pDo you have a share on hemingway? there are more places in sabang to eat, not that expensive but same as best as hemingway's food. :p

I am up for trying any places. If there is better places that are cheaper I would love to visit them next week.

There are lots of local hole in the wall eateries especially in Sabang village itself; less than a hundred for a meal if your stomach is up for it.

There are lots of local hole in the wall eateries especially in Sabang village itself; less than a hundred for a meal if your stomach is up for it.

I am all about eating where the locals do. But I am little worried about what you mean but if my stomach can handle it. Is the food safe to eat?

Balut(fertilized duck egg) and dried fish are acquired taste.
The food at the local eateries are safe but cold except the rice. All the food are freshly cooked in the morning but then left either in the pots or in trays placed inside a glass cabinet. Fly can get in sometimes. You just order what you like. Fried chicken and fish are my favourite.
I like the one opposite White Tips and next to Divers Cafe in Sabang.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom