Put your money down, make your airline choices....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where is your sense of adventure

I flew Susi Air twice before they bumped into terrain and were grounded. I was surprised to see them back in operation on the Tarmac at Ternate in 2015

Now there is some good diving - Jailolo bay. Easily reached on Susi Air :wink:

Susi Air was from the start flying to the hard to reach, nearly impossible to land places. They did a great job in Aceh after the tsunami. Often they have to land at very short, improvised strips at high altitude. Passengers should be aware that the risks are higher. For me it is comparing a ride on a motorbike-taxi to a ride in a Mercedes or other decent car used as a taxi.
To go to Jailolo you can fly by Garuda to Ternate and take a boat from there. Anyway, the real tourists killers here are home made alcohol, bad drugs and rented motorbikes.

The main secret that seems to elude 1st world airlines is to respect your customer; everything else just falls in place once you do.
Easy Jet removed an unaccompanied 15yrs old from an overbooked flight and left him at the departure hall alone couple of days ago!

Susi Air was from the start flying to the hard to reach, nearly impossible to land places.
Yeah I saw Susi Air at Kupang airport,flying surfers to Rote.
Looked to me they had Pilatus aircrafts, which is almost undestructable, they're used in PNG to land on the mountains where there is almost no airstrip, also high up in the Himalaya where a normal engine would start coughing.
I'd rather fly those planes than the chinese jets maintained by ex-Merpati crews.

Noone is going to tell me that a European top airline is above Turkish Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, Hainan Airlines, Thai Airways and others of these 2nd or 3th world countries.

I don't know about the other airlines you listed in your sentence but I would (and do) easily choose Thai Airways over British Airways, for example. Much better service & food for a start. Thai have modern planes, including Airbus A380, and I've never had any concerns over safety.

No offense, but I think your post is just misinformed on many levels.

Last edited:
No one is going to tell me that a European top airline is above Turkish Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, Hainan Airlines, Thai Airways and others of these 2nd or 3th world countries. No offense to these countries but at least in order of safety checks and regulations I can guarantee European or United states based airlines are far more reliable than these Asian 2nd/3th world countries...

I'm with Luko (below) on this. You might want to check around some more. I think most fliers think that the Asian airlines are far superior to the US-based airlines in terms of service, certainly that is my experience. Safety is harder to judge.

- Bill

I'm with Luko (below)
Nice try, here's now my statement below :
"I like better flying prototype planes built by underage chinese slaves, especially if the pilot is a member of the KKK, preferably drunk. And by the way wo needs maintenance? maybe the N/Cal pussies not even able to make those mexicans pay for a bloody wall."
I was sure you'd be with me, Bill. Thanks pal.

Nice try, here's now my statement below :
"I like better flying prototype planes built by underage chinese slaves, especially if the pilot is a member of the KKK, preferably drunk. And by the way wo needs maintenance? maybe the N/Cal pussies not even able to make those mexicans pay for a bloody wall."
I was sure you'd be with me, Bill. Thanks pal.

You lost me on that one, Luko. Maybe the cynical humor is too advanced for me?

- Bill

Just wrote the stupidest statement I could below your post, because it looked like you were approving what I said -or about to say - "below" yours. (which i agree might not work visually if you are not using the standard board display).

End of the day & time to get home, I know.

I don't know about the other airlines you listed in your sentence but I would (and do) easily choose Thai Airways over British Airways, for example. Much better service & food for a start. Thai have modern planes, including Airbus A380, and I've never had any concerns over safety.

No offense, but I think your post is just misinformed on many levels.

You might be right but I'm not someone to favor service & food over safety. Would be nice to have a last decent meal yeah but I'd rather eat bad and live to tell :D

Might be my bad if you guys are just talking about service/food but I really wasn't talking about service or food, only things I'm concerned about when flying is the safety, price and last about food or service. My concerns are rated in that exact order and never in any other order tbh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom