Put your money down, make your airline choices....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wrote the stupidest statement I could below your post, because it looked like you were approving what I said -or about to say - "below" yours. (which i agree might not work visually if you are not using the standard board display).

End of the day & time to get home, I know.

Let's :cheers: sometime.

- Bill

You might be right but I'm not someone to favor service & food over safety. Would be nice to have a last decent meal yeah but I'd rather eat bad and live to tell :D

Might be my bad if you guys are just talking about service/food but I really wasn't talking about service or food, only things I'm concerned about when flying is the safety, price and last about food or service. My concerns are rated in that exact order and never in any other order tbh.

My comparison was only relating to Thai airways as I've used them a fair bit, including 5 flights within the last 9 months. Safety-wise I have no concerns. I can't comment on the other airlines you listed as I've never flown with them. I agree though, better to have sh!t food and arrive than the other way round :)
There are certainly certain airlines and airlines from certain countries I'd rather avoid!

My point was really about making sweeping judgements based on a country's development classification. Of course do your research on airlines safety records etc, but there are plenty of accidents / incidents involving planes from developed countries too.

Safe flying everyone :clearmask:

My comparison was only relating to Thai airways as I've used them a fair bit, including 5 flights within the last 9 months. Safety-wise I have no concerns. I can't comment on the other airlines you listed as I've never flown with them. I agree though, better to have sh!t food and arrive than the other way round :)
There are certainly certain airlines and airlines from certain countries I'd rather avoid!

My point was really about making sweeping judgements based on a country's development classification. Of course do your research on airlines safety records etc, but there are plenty of accidents / incidents involving planes from developed countries too.

Safe flying everyone :clearmask:

I agree fully and I don't have any negative experiences with those airlines either, I never fly with them :wink: But for me a country's development classification is something to consider in choosing airlines. Simply due to the fact that lots of times the regulations or at least the inspection/complying to these regulations in countries less developed isn't the same as in for instance The Netherlands. Corruption is very much alive is many less developed countries and even in some developed/first world countries.

Hahahahah... Berry, for decades in Rotterdam we considered Maastricht the capital of a third world country :wink:. And your province has a long history of corruption.

Anything in particular you base your guarantee on? Sorry to doubt you, but airlines are a special, extremely international kind of business - and the better-off out of the 3rd world countries (the only 2nd world countries left are arguably Russia and China) do an excellent job operating them, well above most European, forget American ones. The main secret that seems to elude 1st world airlines is to respect your customer; everything else just falls in place once you do.

Agreed 100%. I put any of the following far and above any U.S. or European based airline: Asiana, China Airlines (Taiwanese), Cathay Pacific, ANA, Singapore Airlines, even Emirates (even though not a big fan of Dubai airport)... Flew with them all. The U.S. or European just don't compare in terms of plane selection, service and safety.

BTW, for any long-haul flights, trans-pacific mostly for me, I will only fly an airline that uses A380. Airbus has been just way ahead of Boeing over the past 10 years in that category.

BTW, for any long-haul flights, trans-pacific mostly for me, I will only fly an airline that uses A380. Airbus has been just way ahead of Boeing over the past 10 years in that category.
I would add A350 for the medium range.
Not a big fan for A340.
However, 737/800 is far better than A318/320.

NAM is part of Sriwijaya Airlines. I have flown with Sriwijaya to So Wrong & Berau (Nabucco Island Resort). They are pretty good. Next best domestic airlines (Garuda being the best one).

They (NAM) now have roundtrip nonstop flight from Jakarta to Sorong. I'm thinking of taking that flight next time. Skipping Makasar, saving a long transit (8 hours) in Makasar is always good thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom