PY Atlantis Azores In December - Any Feedback?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

widarecu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

My wife and I are planning our Xmas diving trip and looking for Phillipines this year, we have dived quite a lot around Asia but never made it to Philippines ... yet :)

We were looking to take SY Siren but it's already sold out, so we found availability with PY Atlantis Azores, any reviews or feedback to share?

About us, I'm underwater photographer (amateur) and love a good quality reef with lots of Macro and wide angle shooting opportunities (Komodo my favourite place), my wife loves mantas, whale sharks as well as healthy reefs (Ari Atol in Maldives her favourite spot).

We also like to eat well,within reasonable expectation of a Liveaboards, and in general used to a level of comfort on board (usable common area, some space in the cabin for camera staff etc..)

Thanks in advance!!

The boat is nice and one I would like to do again and try a different itinerary. They describe it as luxury like many boats do - I would say the level of luxury is similar to or maybe a touch better compared to any good Aggressor style boat - "luxurious for divers" not "luxurious like the Ritz or the really high end boats in Indonesia." I think the Siren is a fancier boat in that regard. We enjoyed the owners suite which of course was much roomier that the other cabins, with lots of floor space and a desk in front of a nice window. The other cabins are pretty standard twin bunk over double, where we would use the top bunk for camera gear and other storage. Food was very good served family style. Service is all-around great typical of anything having to do with Atlantis - that extends to helping you get to the boat (or resort) which is generally more complicated in the Philippines than say your average single small island destination. We did the Tubbataha itinerary which had plenty of sharks, mantas, schools of large fish, and a couple whale sharks. Also some nice reef stuff to see but that trip was really more about the big stuff. On that trip at least all diving was from RIBs, which I never look forward to but worked out fine. No idea what's on the itinerary you're looking at.

Thanks Damselfish, this is very helpful. so if not owners cabin then it would be a small cabin I understand. how were the corals there??
This trip they are going to Bohol and Malapascuas...

Our last two trips were in Similian Islands and far north atolls in Maldives and both were a bit disappointing in term of coral.. all dead there:(

Thanks!

Hi widarecu,
In case you would like to consider a resort based option, I just got one cancellation for Xmas & NY. Please take a look at our website www.atmosphereresorts.com, and email me for details: saila@atmosphereresorts.com.

Atmosphere is located in Dauin (1,5 hr domestic flight from Manila to Dumaguete, and complimentary 40 min car transfer from airport), and we go to nearby Apo Island daily for one of the best reef diving in the Philippines. Apo has been a marine sanctuary for more than 20 years and the corals are in great condition (I used to work in Thailand, and guided also in Similan, so I know the difference). In the coast we have great macro diving thanks to our volcanic dark sand. The resort is high end dive resort with great service, excellent food, and beautiful surroundings.

I hope to see you in Christmas!

Hi widarecu,
In case you would like to consider a resort based option, I just got one cancellation for Xmas & NY. Please take a look at our website www.atmosphereresorts.com, and email me for details: saila@atmosphereresorts.com.

Atmosphere is located in Dauin (1,5 hr domestic flight from Manila to Dumaguete, and complimentary 40 min car transfer from airport), and we go to nearby Apo Island daily for one of the best reef diving in the Philippines. Apo has been a marine sanctuary for more than 20 years and the corals are in great condition (I used to work in Thailand, and guided also in Similan, so I know the difference). In the coast we have great macro diving thanks to our volcanic dark sand. The resort is high end dive resort with great service, excellent food, and beautiful surroundings.

I hope to see you in Christmas!

Thanks Saila, let me have a look to your website and have a look to your diving options

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom