Question about the K-style Power Inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't recommend getting the Seaquest power inflater assembly. It features a pull dump at the point of attachment between corrugated hose and wing.

Why not just get a simple, generic L-type power inflater?

It costs $25 at Northeastscubasupply.com.

I agree. I don't need no steenkin' pull dump.

I have been looking at the L-styles. I was just wondering if anyone had a better idea.

There are several other choices out there, including the Apeks style and the Zeagle: Buy Zeagle Bx Power Inflator at Northeast Scuba Supply.com - Backplate and Wings - Wings/BC Parts - Power Inflators - Parts - Zeagle BC Power Inflator - Fits Most BC's - Northeast Scuba Supply

Oh, I agree it's a crock.

The SeaQuest unit looks like what I want, with the buttons in a comfortable place and the mouthpiece facing the fight way. I am not sure the Seaquest assembly would fit on my Oxycheck wing - I think the threads are different.

If this is your choice. Inflator only. OD is one inch. Dump end of hose is seven eighths firm. Attaching lp quick disconnect with 13" Seaquest ergo blah blah blah is unnecessarily restrictive and hose lacks flex.

I agree. I don't need no steenkin' pull dump.

I have been looking at the L-styles. I was just wondering if anyone had a better idea.

There are several other choices out there, including the Apeks style and the Zeagle: Buy Zeagle Bx Power Inflator at Northeast Scuba Supply.com - Backplate and Wings - Wings/BC Parts - Power Inflators - Parts - Zeagle BC Power Inflator - Fits Most BC's - Northeast Scuba Supply
AFAIK, the guts of the Apeks and Zeagle power inflaters are identical to the K-style power inflater that you have. Performance-wise, you really shouldn't see a difference.

I don't think I'd want to spend $47+ on that Zeagle power inflater system. Seems like you'd be paying a premium for the ability to connect a garden hose. With a K-style inflater, it's easy enough to get a fair amount of water into the bladder (via the mouthpiece) during rinsing. That's sufficient for rinsing purposes IMO.

]

Aqua Lung did, about 30 years ago but they quit making it.

AFAIK, the guts of the Apeks and Zeagle power inflaters are identical to the K-style power inflater that you have. Performance-wise, you really shouldn't see a difference.

I don't think I'd want to spend $47+ on that Zeagle power inflater system. Seems like you'd be paying a premium for the ability to connect a garden hose. With a K-style inflater, it's easy enough to get a fair amount of water into the bladder (via the mouthpiece) during rinsing. That's sufficient for rinsing purposes IMO.

Aqua Lung did, about 30 years ago but they quit making it.

I am kind of enamored with the Apeks unit. Airway Complete

Only trouble is, the valve costs $55.00 versus about half that for the standard L valve.

But it DOES have cool brass buttons....:eyebrow:

Bubble: I will let you know when I have an extra valve.

But it DOES have cool brass buttons

Don't think brass is a good idea... Halcyon went with alloy buttons and they are notorious for seizing on... not good obviously and high maintenance

Don't think brass is a good idea... Halcyon went with alloy buttons and they are notorious for seizing on... not good obviously and high maintenance

They are chrome-plated brass, so I guess they will be okay.

I got the new Apeks inflators today. Here is a picture of the Apeks along with the K-style for comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 124
I got the new Apeks inflators today. Here is a picture of the Apeks along with the K-style for comparison.
Let us know how you like 'em in the water. Thanks for posting the pics.

Im a big fan of the new zeagle BX inflators. They come with a QD and a garden hose screws in which makes it very easy to rinse your bladder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom