Question for all female divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck with your open water ScubaDar!!!

Hi Ladies!

Well, I'm a newbie. I found a wonderful NAUI instructer here in New Jersey. We've finished the course work and have my final pool session this Saturday. Just in time for our trip to Cozumel mid December where I will do my OW.

I'm very excited...and nervous. I do believe I was a fish in another life. I've snorkeled like a mad women and can't wait to experience scuba!

Good luck to you. 2 things,.... 1. relax & 2. Have fun!:D That's what diving is all about.

Thanks SAS & Tammy. I know I'll have a ball. Think I'm more nervous about the unknown. But by this time, in 2 weeks, my OW will be done and I'll be on my way. Thanks for the encouragement!

Diving was something that I always wanted to do but was always too busy. I did a resort course dive with my daughter in Israel in 1994, on my honeymoon in Bermuda in 2001, and then with his kids in Israel in 2006. When I had a 50th birthday in 2007, my husband suggested that we learn to scuba dive, and the rest is history.

Diving was something that I always wanted to do but was always too busy. I did a resort course dive with my daughter in Israel in 1994, on my honeymoon in Bermuda in 2001, and then with his kids in Israel in 2006. When I had a 50th birthday in 2007, my husband suggested that we learn to scuba dive, and the rest is history.

I forgot to include the part about spending a week in Bonaire for our OW certification.

When did I get certified: 1991. Where: Kauai. Why? because I always wanted to be a mermaid!

Got certified nearly 7 years ago and now almost 400 dives later, I can say I'm pretty well hooked. As a competitive swimmer in my youth, I spent a lot of time in the water and always wanted to be able to breathe underwater. It wasn't until I was almost 40 that I decided it was time to get dive certified, so on a vacation to Maui I dragged my husband to the classes. Now he's more addicted than I and all of our vacations have become "dive vacations."

Got my OW mid last year. Started out as checking off the to do list but got back into in it seriously in Mar this year. Since then, I've clocked about 130 dives and still going every weekend! =) The underwater world is just so amazing and there is always something amazing everydive!

Got certified in September '05, and I've been hooked ever since. I went into my LDS to buy snorkeling gear for a trip to Hawaii, decided to sign up for OW, and spent the my whole vacation reading the OW book! I think the rest is history... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom