Question for Zeagle BC Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey now!!!

Sorry...I don't usually check this forum specifically!

To cut right to the chase...the bottom line is that we can make a BC for you with a ripcord pull on the opposite side, and given your circumstances, there would be no extra charge involved for the custom work. You have already paid enough, in my opinion, and I thank you for your service!!!

Rethreading the ripcord might be a bit of a chore for you, and honestly you might have to get some help in doing it - but let's be honest here, most people never have to dump their weights...and if you do, you will have the time to get it put back together. It isn't difficult, it just takes a little time (and probably two hands).

If you have specific questions, let me know and I will do my best to answer them for you. I'll make sure to check in on this thread a couple of time per day.

Best regards,

Scott

Yeah, Scott!!!

You make us Zeagle owners proud.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc - Thanks again. Will check out the site for sure.

Mr. Zeagle - Welcome to the party. Don't apologize for being late, it was fashionable lol. J/K. It was my fault for putting it in the wrong forum and then NOT knowing how to move it properly lol.

Ok so you have an idea of the situation at hand (literally lol). I am looking for one of your BC's, with the rip cord style, that I can fully deploy with my LEFT hand. Based on your reading of the thread and the situation I'm in, which BC do you think would be best for me, based on the discussion here?

And THANK YOU for your kind words and generosity. That really means ALOT to me as a Veteran and it shows where the heart and soul of this company is.

I can't say it enough Mr. Zeagle, thank you.

That was a classy response, ScottZeagle. And I am not even American!

What style of diving do you plan to do?

You are in Florida, so I am guessing mainly warm water...correct?

If you plan to dive other than warm water, what kind of suit will you be wearing and how much weight do you need?

My initial though is a Stiletto BC, which can be customized for you needs, gives you ample lift for warm water, and depending on the answers to the above questions may allow you to dive colder waters as well...

Scott

What style of diving do you plan to do?

You are in Florida, so I am guessing mainly warm water...correct?

If you plan to dive other than warm water, what kind of suit will you be wearing and how much weight do you need?

My initial though is a Stiletto BC, which can be customized for you needs, gives you ample lift for warm water, and depending on the answers to the above questions may allow you to dive colder waters as well...

Scott

Mr.Zeagle - I plan on diving rec and potentially becoming an instructor later on. I like wreck diving as well. I would love to get into tech down the road, nothing too extreme because of my situation, if I could. Maybe some deep wreck penetration, or CCR, something like that. Nothing too extreme where I would be putting myself or my dive buddy in harms way because I was too stubborn to realize I could not physically do what needed to be done in am emergency situation (cave, etc.), or that my limitations prevented me from being able to safely dive with the appropriate gear.

I am in FL and plan to be for awhile :) I do not plan on diving cold water. That being said, I am fro, PA/NJ area and might dive there a little down the road. But ONLY if again I can handle it; physically, mentally, equipment wise, have learned how to, and I can do it technically safe. But I think cold, cold water is out for me.

Thank you again for all your efforts.

And agin to SB, THANK YOU for ALL your feedback and assistance. I really appreciate it. Please don't ever hesitate to contact me if you need something. I may not have the answer but I will try to get it for you, or at least point you in the right direction.

I live in Key Largo and own a Zeagle Express Tech with integrated weights. Let me know if you want to try it out... we could even go diving!

I live in Key Largo and own a Zeagle Express Tech with integrated weights. Let me know if you want to try it out... we could even go diving!

Thank You. I appreciate that. I may take you up on that offer after I get all this figured out :wink:

Do you know where the Zeagle facility is in relation to Miami where I am at?

Thanks

Hey USVet96..

As a vet and multiple Afghanistan tourer my self I read your post....(and skipped a few pages, so if its been addressed I apologize)

I have a stiletto and just as an experiment and to find out for you if its ditchable as issued with a left hand side placement. It is. Its a long pull, but doable if needed.(I am 6'4" so I have long arms, please bear this in mind)

Now I will state that I am a fairly new diver, so take that with a grain of salt, but one long pull, followed by a short quick tug had the weights ditched and on my foot in less time than it takes to don a pro-mask :wink:

I rethreaded it with my non-dominant hand and did it again just to see. It works each time. I did this 3 times(once with non dominant hand....left in my case) As to the rethreading of a zeagle rip cord, hit up youtube for a excellent instructional video that will take about 3 min out of your life to watch and will allow you to make a properly informed decision.

I am a Zeagle fan as well, but I also love the fact that its a USA company and provides a world class high end product. As a vet, Thank you Scott Zeagle for standing behind your product. Now if only you had a distributor in Duabi, UAE I would be in heaven :wink: (I had to order and eat shipping, but kept my money American so it was worth it)

I hope this helps. Having the release on the opposite side would be a pretty cool feature if offered regularly for people like USvet96 and my son who is a lefty.

-Byron

Hey Bill - I appreciate you taking the time to test the rip style for me. With my situation, my LEFT hand yes would be the one doing the pulling of the rip cord. I have spoke with Mr. Zeagle and he told me he would work with me on the BC and even make a custom piece for me so that I could have the cord on the other side if it would make it easier for me to accomplish in the event of an emergency.

Thank you for your service also and stay safe in the sandbox.

I can't say enough great things about Mr. Zeagle for the effort he willing to make in accommodating me and my war injuries. It's amazing.

I also can't say enough about the members HERE on SB who have been amazing with their responses, their assistance, and even performing the release and repacking of the rip cord just to TEST IT for me.

ALL top notch people and I am truly appreciative of everyone helping me.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom