Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
If you could time travel, would you want to go into the future, or back to the past?
Would you want to see what your ancestors were like, or how your great great grandchildren turned out?

LoL I guess I could have posted this under "Group Trips" huh?

Hmm, time travel. Did you just see the new "Time Machine". I thought it was good, but remembering reading the book as a kid and then seeing the old B&W movie that follows the book, I think the first movie was better.
In order to not side-rail your thread, my answer is mixed. Knowing what my ancestors were realy like might change my opinion about myself. Right now I Know a fair amount of good about my ancestors and little negative. So I think my peragree is pretty good. You know, mixed breed, loyal and easy to get along with. To find that my ancestors were real jurks wouldn't suprise me so much as disapoint me.
As for knowing about my prosperity. What if they are all rotten to the core? Do I change who I am to change who they are? What if my life has little or no effect on who they become? Then I wind up living diferently for the wrong reasons.
So in the end I don't have enough information to answer the question. But if I had to chose between seeing the past and seeing the future... Wow, see the past and know if Adem and Eve were the first people and if Jesus is the Christ - - - Cool. But to know the future and be able to plan for it perfectly, Wow. Agian too hard.
I think I chose to see the future, one day at a time...

But I really wish I could see a megladon up close! Or a living trilobyte for that matter. Two of my favorite fossils, other than Walter of course, but I can see him any time! :tease:

Just to see how the technology of diving would have evolved...if mankind hadn't eradicated itself yet that is.

And then go on a dive =-)

Haven't seen the new movie, hope to!

Can I take a month in each? :)

Originally posted by Dee
Can I take a month in each? :)

I would go back in time. Probably back to 1000 BC and then work my way forward(if you are allowing that). No real interest in knowing my specific ancestors, just would like to get "firsthand knowledge" of some things in history.

Back
Top Bottom