Quick Disconnect for P-Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mine is valveless on the human side also. I have see some ith valves on both halves and hen they take off the suit they attach another hose. keeps the homan side from draining hen you disconnect.

Yeah, those are the same things. The only point folks above were making was if you're leaving the cath on for most of the day and you get stuck having to "relieve" yourself when you're not connected to your suit, having a valve on the "human" side means you can't just let it flow without taking the fitting off. I opted for open ended on the human side (valved on the suit side) so I can relieve myself through the tubing into the proper receptacle if needed after diving. To each their own...it may not make a difference one way or the other as this is really set up to help you clear your plumbing underwater anyway.

Just got my Halcyon valve installed and ordered the two quick disconnect parts from McMaster. Here's my dumb question:

Do I need to get another short section of hose? Or does the male end of the quick disconnect just attach to the condom catheter? I would think that a short section of hose would make it easier to prep at home, and then connect to the p-valve without having to reveal anything other than a few inches of tubing. What's the correct, um, order of operations from end to end?

If a short piece of tubing is still needed, any recommendation or links on what tubing to buy? Thanks!

I bought about 3 ft of hose. had to find a routing path form the valve to me with out kinking. valve up over and down to johnsonville. Depending how your checkvalves are in you might want a short piece of hose on another connector to attach to hte hose inplace of the suit piece of hose. Any hardware store has clear tygon tubing 1/4 ID.

Just got my Halcyon valve installed and ordered the two quick disconnect parts from McMaster. Here's my dumb question:

Do I need to get another short section of hose? Or does the male end of the quick disconnect just attach to the condom catheter? I would think that a short section of hose would make it easier to prep at home, and then connect to the p-valve without having to reveal anything other than a few inches of tubing. What's the correct, um, order of operations from end to end?

If a short piece of tubing is still needed, any recommendation or links on what tubing to buy? Thanks!

No need for additional tubing. The barb end of the QD fitting just fits into the end of the condom at home, and you plug into the system when ready. I need both hands to connect, but everything stays within the suit, nothing is exposed to view, just looks like someone adjusting their undergarment.

Be sure to trim the exit end of the condom short enough that it can't fold over and kink, which is far more likely than a kink in the tubing.

We get them from Mcmaster

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom