Quick question: How does this look?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ADBH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Scubaboarders,

I recently got an Aqualung Alaskan. This is my first drysuit and I think I have a decent idea of how a drysuit should fit. That said, the Alaskan comes in stock sizes. The sleeve, torso and leg lengths seem decent enough though the chest and arms seem a bit baggy.

I thought it would be good to hear your impartial opinions on whether this drysuit appears to be a decent fit since the dive shop has an obvious interest in selling me the product. (I'm wearing a couple of sweaters underneath to give a sense of fit when I wear undergarments for cold water diving.)

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20180812_131120.jpg
IMG_20180812_131034.jpg
IMG_20180812_131011.jpg
IMG_20180812_131025.jpg

First, lots of posts will tell you that you need to try it on over the warmest exposure suit that you will use.

Second this post, pasted below, offers a series of stretches that help you discern whether you can reach all your gear while in undergarments, Drysuit and geared up either inflated or deflated Drysuit and BCD.
Confirming fit

Third, I think it looks great! But I have not bought one, just endlessly reading about it while saving my pennies and waiting for hubby to finish Drysuit class.

You need to try with with the real thermal underwear you are going to be using when diving with the suit for you to be able to determine if it is a good fit or not.

You need some bagginess in chest to allow movement when reaching valves. But as said, you have to try it with real thermal underwear.

Thanks for the responses so far. I know I'm supposed to try it on with thermals. I haven't had the chance to buy thermal undergarments so I was wearing a ski undergarment, fleece and a heavy wool sweater to "simulate" the thickness of thermals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom