Quick West Palm Area Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LynnB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I live in Savannah and would really like to do a quick dive trip. Would like to deo charter dive one day and BHB the next. Have never done BHB and not quite sure the exact location as to where the best charters close to that is.
58 year female... married...
Anyone interested or able to give me info as to where to stay and dive. It has been a long time since I dove that area and have the itch to go..
Thanks
Lynn

Dive BHB on slack high tide. It's at the end of Blue Heron Bridge Drive in Riviera Beach. You can't miss it. Dive at Phil Foster Park. There are usually numerous people to dive with. Force E dive shop is just before the bridge. Offshore diving?? Just pick one and go. I think most all charters are evenly priced and operate about the same. I personally like Jupiter Dive Center (JDC) in Jupiter, but I could go with any of the others and be just as happy. Blue Heron Bridge Drive has a few reasonably priced hotels near the I-95 exchange. The Brass Ring on US 1 north of Blue Heron Bridge is a good place to eat and grab a drink.
Hope this helps and have fun!

Narcosis Dive Charters is within a couple of miles of BHB. They have a great boat and crew. Riskill covered the other factors. Remember, you can only dive BHB during the high tide window. It is a great dive.

Dive BHB on slack high tide. It's at the end of Blue Heron Bridge Drive in Riviera Beach. You can't miss it. Dive at Phil Foster Park. There are usually numerous people to dive with. Force E dive shop is just before the bridge. Offshore diving?? Just pick one and go. I think most all charters are evenly priced and operate about the same. I personally like Jupiter Dive Center (JDC) in Jupiter, but I could go with any of the others and be just as happy. Blue Heron Bridge Drive has a few reasonably priced hotels near the I-95 exchange. The Brass Ring on US 1 north of Blue Heron Bridge is a good place to eat and grab a drink.
Hope this helps and have fun!

thanks.. I think I dove with Jupiter Dive before. It has been many years since I dove down in Palm Beach area and couldn't remember who I dove with. Thanks,,,
I might have to end up waiting till June and do that on the way down the keys... We shall see.
Thanks
Lynn

You might want to reconsider obtaining lodging anywhere in Riviera Beach other then oceanfront. Riviera Beach is the drive-by shooting/crime capital of Palm Beach County. Google it if you have any questions. Of course if you are interested in joining a gang or getting involved with illegal drugs, then it is an ideal spot.

Last edited:
Just a few suggestions but, I totally agree with "diveprof" Check out Narcosis Dive Charters! I dive with them all the time and it's a blast. Here is a link:
Scuba Diving West Palm Beach Florida with Narcosis Dive Charters
Also they have suggestions for lodging on their website but everytime I've came down I've stayed at The Super 8 off Blue Heron Blvd. and I-95.
and there link is:
Super 8 Riviera Beach West Palm Beach | Riviera Beach, FL  33404-4855 Hotel

thanks.. I think I dove with Jupiter Dive before. It has been many years since I dove down in Palm Beach area and couldn't remember who I dove with. Thanks,,,
I might have to end up waiting till June and do that on the way down the keys... We shall see.
Thanks
Lynn

Lynn,
For Diving the BHB Marine Park, the closest shop is Pura Vida Diver Shop, they are on Singer Island just past BHB about 200 yards beyond the bridge. Also on Singer Island, is the Hilton, which is on the beach, and a great Dive Resort. They have special Diver Rates in summer, which you can get by just asking for the "SF Dive Rate" . It is in the vicinity of $100 now, and it is a beautiful hotel in one of the safest communities in all of Florida. What REckDiver said is actually true..the city of Riviera Beach has some bad areas, particularly late at night, but divers have no reason to be any where near any of these bad areas, on any dive trip. If you want to drive exclusively through really nice, upscale areas on your way to Singer Island, then from I-95, use PGA Blvd to take you to Singer Island, and this will take you first to the Hilton in about 3 miles, and then Pura Vida, and then the BHB Marine Park...and the big bridge that heads over the Intracoastal to the mainland.

After you enjoy the BHB Marine Park, you should try diving Breakers Reef or Pauls Reef, South of the Palm Beach inlet. Spectacular corals and marine life, may help you decide there is no reason to add 6 more hours or more of drive time to the Keys :)

Here is what these reefs look like:
[video=youtube_share;lW1h8PschFI]http://youtu.be/lW1h8PschFI?hd=1[/video]

Play at 1080p if your connection can handle this!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom