Raja Ampat on the Samambaia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad you started a new thread. We are very interested to hear if anyone has an opinion. I mentioned it in the other post, but we are signed up for the Nov. 27 trip. If nothing else, we will let you know how that goes. Looks amazing.

I haven't been ..but I know the Cruise Director and he loves the boat and owner. We are going to look into going on it in the next couple years!

Well, that's definitely a start! While trying to find as much info as possible on Facebook, I came across a profile for the cruise manager (not sure if that's the same thing), and he's got quite the resume. As long as the guides have a good deal of experience diving RA, I think it'll be an outstanding trip. From my limited communication with them, they seem to know what they're doing.

I'm glad you started a new thread. We are very interested to hear if anyone has an opinion. I mentioned it in the other post, but we are signed up for the Nov. 27 trip. If nothing else, we will let you know how that goes. Looks amazing.

Great! I somehow didn't see the notification on the other thread, so I'm glad you mentioned it here.

Oh, and when you're booking your island hopper flights to and from SOQ, try Cheapflights. You can search for business class seats and it's usually only around $100 more than economy. Well worth it for a 4 hour flight, IMO, and you may get some of that $ back in extra luggage allowance.

I'll see if they make an appearance at DEMA this year. I'm looking to book a boat for the year 2020.

After doing hours and hours of research I had narrowed my choice down to two boats, the Samambaia and the Damai II. I was about to pull the trigger on the Damai II but they won't let you book their DEMA special until the actual DEMA event. Since then I have looked more into the Samambaia and now I'm back on the fence. The Samambaia is running an even better DEMA special. I'll decide when I go to DEMA but the price point I can get the Samambaia down to is almost too good to pass up.

Oh, and when you're booking your island hopper flights to and from SOQ, try Cheapflights. You can search for business class seats and it's usually only around $100 more than economy. Well worth it for a 4 hour flight, IMO, and you may get some of that $ back in extra luggage allowance.

What's the best place to fly to from the western US?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom