RDP questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EFB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Is there a site that lists some RDP table questions with the answers and how they got them? Like the ones in the small book but new ones? This is the one part of the exam I need a little work on and the final quiz is Tuesday. TIA

While there might be a site with what you're looking for, my suggestion is to think up a few dive scenarios with your husband and then each of you work them out separately. If you're both coming up with the same answers, you're probably doing it right. Good luck!

ScubaToys has (or at least had) a neat free program that did just what ask. Check out their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get to another source you find yourself more confused. The materials are great to follow. Work at them step by step.

Work with another person as it's easier. Any concerns as your instructor they're there for you. Ask anything and everything. Diving should be fun not stressful.

Do all the questions and follow on them. You'll do fine.

Have fun and enjoy!

Here is what I do with mys students as a final review. This may help you.

Pretend you are with a group of divers. You are diving a site that is 100 feet deep at the maximum. It has interesting things to see all the way to the surface. You are planning to do 3 dives that day, and they have selected you to be the dive planner. Plan the 3 dives. How deep will each be? How much bottom time will you allow? What will the surface intervals be?

You return the next day, and you are planning to do 2 dives for specific depths and times--you choose them. Plan the minimum surface interval between the 2 dives so that you can all head back home as quickly as possible.

If you can do these, you will not only know how to use the RDP, you will understand how and why you use it in the real world.

Lots of great tips..thanks. Hubby and I went to the quizzes at the end of each section this morning making sure we knew all the answers. Later, we will start on the RDP tables.

EFB,

I agree with oreocookie's suggestion. You can make up dives and work them out. You can post your final solution here and I'm sure someone will tell you if you got it right.

I copied down dive plans from the OW manual, OW written test, and from class. Then the same later with nitrox. I do an Air problem one day and a Nitrox one the next. Even with my bad memory, I'll always know what I'm doing.

Here is what I do with mys students as a final review. This may help you.

Pretend you are with a group of divers. You are diving a site that is 100 feet deep at the maximum. It has interesting things to see all the way to the surface. You are planning to do 3 dives that day, and they have selected you to be the dive planner. Plan the 3 dives. How deep will each be? How much bottom time will you allow? What will the surface intervals be?

You return the next day, and you are planning to do 2 dives for specific depths and times--you choose them. Plan the minimum surface interval between the 2 dives so that you can all head back home as quickly as possible.

If you can do these, you will not only know how to use the RDP, you will understand how and why you use it in the real world.

HELP!! OK..I think I got the first part...but not the second.

Day 1-
Dive #1 100 feet for 10 minutes (which means we are in PG E)
Dive #2 60 feet for 20 minutes (which means the RNT was 11, the ABT was 20 minutes and the TBT is 31 minutes/the SI is 1:00 hr) which puts us at PG B
Dive #3 40 feet for 30 minutes (which means the RNT is 9, ABT is 30 and TBT is 39) my new PG is L and after a SI of 2:15, we would end the day at PG A

Right??? Oh please be right

Day 2 I picked 40 feet for 30
The first PG would be F and the second would be V...but there is no intersection of F on the diagonal and V at the bottom???

Help please

Determining the minimal SI is the trickest part of these tables to me
Dive #3 40 feet for 30 minutes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom