Reaching BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeAg03

Registered
Reaction score
So I know most everything I've read says you should be able to reach the top of your backplate. Mine seems to fall/sit a tad lower and just slightly out of reach. Any thoughts on how to raise it up/improve this? I haven't gotten a chance to dive the setup... just getting it rigged for now.

you can change the shoulder harness length if that does not move the waist too far up. else you might need a longer bp if you are either taller than most people or your torso is longer than average.

How far is too far up on the waist? Loosen or tighten the shoulder straps to raise it? I loosened them a bit and it didn’t make much difference...
I’m 5’11 and wear 29-30” pant inseem... so the standard should likely work.

Strap a tank on and go dive it. Once you’re in the water and laying flat at depth the plate will find it’s spot. Check the harness to see how tight or loose it is and how the crotch strap affects the tightness/looseness of the harness. Make mental notes and adjust it if needed when back on land. Make your adjustments then jump back in and try it out again.

Move your fully extended reaching hand from front to rear in an arc directly past your head
with your elbow moving in an arc, next to your body, like a reverse karate chop not a salute.

Did you get that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom