Readers Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started to use the Scubapro D mask myself earlier this year with the +2.0 lenses (wide skirt) and they are the best.
The zoom is also the same concept, about 1/2 the price of the D and has a lot of color options, so much better than the stick on stuff And overall a lot cheaper than a custom lens put in a mask.

The zoom is also the same concept, about 1/2 the price of the D and has a lot of color options, so much better than the stick on stuff And overall a lot cheaper than a custom lens put in a mask.
I think that works.

I'm not spending $$$ for the SP mask. It looks cool, but he'll dive it 20 times in his life.

The zoom fits the bill perfect. So with that said, do I get him 2.5 in each because that's what he uses topside?

I think that works.

I'm not spending $$$ for the SP mask. It looks cool, but he'll dive it 20 times in his life.

The zoom fits the bill perfect. So with that said, do I get him 2.5 in each because that's what he uses topside?
I would guess (zoom is an SP mask by the way, look on eBay for a sale with free shipping) he could get by with the 1.5 or 1.75 which will open his general range of vision and still allow him to read the gauge.

I would guess (zoom is an SP mask by the way, look on eBay for a sale with free shipping) he could get by with the 1.5 or 1.75 which will open his general range of vision and still allow him to read the gauge.
Do you need less underwater? Is that why you suggest 1.75?

He actually uses 2, 2.5, and 3 but said his 2.5's are his go to.

Do you need less underwater? Is that why you suggest 1.75?

He actually uses 2, 2.5, and 3 but said his 2.5's are his go to.
Everyone is different, I use 2.5 dry and use the 1.5 in my mask, it’s about range, I use the Teric with the standard line of info rather than “big”
C65A49A6-5514-45E8-A76F-86B596EB9F61.jpeg

this gives me more on the screen and since with a wrist mount you don’t need to get as close it works for me

Everyone is different, I use 2.5 dry and use the 1.5 in my mask, it’s about range, I use the Teric with the standard line of info rather than “big”
View attachment 763646
this gives me more on the screen and since with a wrist mount you don’t need to get as close it works for me

For reference he's just looking to be able to see his spg. He told me (months later) that the last time he dove he had no idea how much gas he had ever, lol.

You should be more of an optimist :)

I love him, one of the greatest men I'll ever know... but he's a workaholic. I'm just not sure he'll ever stop to smell the roses long enough to get more then that in. 20 is probably overshooting a good bit. He took OW with my kids just to spend time with them.. so he has 4 dives in class... and maybe 2 dives before that

For reference he's just looking to be able to see his spg. He told me (months later) that the last time he dove he had no idea how much gas he had ever, lol.

I love him, one of the greatest men I'll ever know... but he's a workaholic. I'm just not sure he'll ever stop to smell the roses long enough to get more then that in. 20 is probably overshooting a good bit. He took OW with my kids just to spend time with them.. so he has 4 dives in class... and maybe 2 dives before that
So he doesn’t want to see anything else? If he has a mask already just glue in (with silicone) one of those glass magnifiers it’s what I did before the D.

for future reference..these places where you can send your mask off to for script lenses that i see linked above, do they stick on a lens or do they actually replace the glass with a real shaped lens?

(I see that they sell masks too, but how in the world would you ever be able to see if it seals against your face??)

Back when I was an active diver I had significantly better than 20/20 vision and could see up close like a microscope. Not so anymore and need the over the counter readers. I've had terrible luck with using stick on things in sunglasses so I'm going to have to look into this if I get back into it!

Funny, I remember back in the day folks talking about the magnifying affect of the water so most folks didn't need prescription masks...but then I wasn't paying close attention....

Back
Top Bottom