Ready for a new adventure but don't know where to go!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Tigger

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Suggestions for our next adventure?

We live in Vancouver, BC Canada and are looking to book our next dive vacation (just came back from a fabulous trip to Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan, Honduras). Things that important to us are:

1. Diving - We'd like to go somewhere that is warm, has good viz (50 ft+), doesn't have really heavy diving traffic, lots of life to see. Having a good dive boat is also really important.

2. Accommodations - clean, pleasant, relatively inexpensive

3. Time - we're thinking 10 days or so between May and August 2009

4. Budget - we were able to do Anthony's Key in Roatan - all diving, food, accommodation, flights, etc. for about $3000 each for a week. We'd like to keep our budget around the same for our next trip.

5. Experience level - I am a Rescue Diver with about 130 dives, my guy is a Divemaster with around 1000 dives. Not looking for crazy current or advanced wreck diving, but enjoy swim-thrus, reasonable depths (keep to around 110 ft or less).

I have posted this in the general travel forum as I am not sure which area of the world would fit the bill. Bottom line, we love diving and because we do coldwater diving here all the of the rest of the year, it would be fun to spend some time somewhere warm where we can see something different.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Jennifer
Addicted to Diving

Jennifer-

Air Pacific flies direct to Fiji from Vancouver. You depart YVR at 730A-ish and land in Nadi (pronounced Nandi), about 520A two days later. A day is 'lost' to the International Dateline. Depending on your resort, you'll be basking in the sun by Noon. There are quite a few properties that are a great value: Wananavu Resort, Koro Sun Resort, Papageno, Dive Kadavu, Garden Island, Beqa Lagoon......... Presently, airfare is approx $1100 + taxes. You could even add on an extension to New Zealand or Australia for about $150 extra. It is very easy to keep the pricing in the sub-$3000 range; including airfare, accom, meals, diving and taxes.

If we can help in any way, please feel free to contact us at 877-U-GO-DIVE.

Cheers,
Mark
fiji water, fiji islands, south pacific travel wholesalers, fiji adventures, fiji weddings, dive travel, samoa islands - Cook Islands - Tonga - Samoa - Caribbean -

I agree with the above 2 recommendations. In fact, I was going to suggest Fiji before reading those posts.

How about the Philippines? I'm a Canadian living here now and there are some fantastic dive opportunities here and all inexpensive. Philippine Airlines flies direct from YVR. I have travelled a lot around Asia and the diving here, especially macro is as good as anywhere I've been.

For the Pacific, I would suggest Fiji also........ but in the Caribbean I would suggest Little Cayman.
There are some really good deals for both places here:
Caradonna Dive Adventures - Dive Travel and Vacations
or
Island Dreams Travel scuba diving vacations, cozumel scuba diving, dive travel, dive resorts, diving trips

Fiji would only be 2 dives per day, Little Cayman you could do 3 per day. Depends what you are looking for - more great dives or more topside exotic experiences.

:D

I would have to jump on the Fiji bandwagon. We spent 10 days at Beqa Lagoon Resort in Jul 2007 and are planning on returning in 2009. The resort is great, the food was excellent, the staff were friendly, and the diving was fabulous. Check my pics out on my "view gallery" to see some of my Fiji pictures. You will not be disappointed. I would also recommend that you do the shark dive, it is excellent. Email me at jamescrew6@verizon.net if you want any more info.

Regards,

Bill

May I recommend Old Providence and or San Andres Island in the Western Caribbean?
Old Providence is very low key, more so that Rotan. San Andres more resort style dive operations. The only thing that may not work for you in Old Providence are the boats being they are small operations and environmental conscious there are no dock and just regular boat with no platforms to make your entry and exit easy. Fall off the side or done your gear in the water and latter entry on the side of the boat.

Back
Top Bottom