Reasonable to limit bottom time to 45 min?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was not Sipadan. It was in TARP, the marine park a short boat trip out of Kota Kinabalu. I assume the best medical facilities on Borneo are here.

The actual bottom time we were diving was 40 odd minutes, if you take the safety stop into account.

I understand the safety aspect very well, and never dive to the limits of my air, or NDL's. On all dives we were not even close to any limits.

I will be sure to ask the relevant questions the next time I go on such a trip.

Actually, I do plan to go to Sipadan next year. Any recommendations of a good operator there would be appreciated.

The recompression facility isn't far from the Taman TAR marine park--on Labuan island, so you're right that travel distance shouldn't have been a factor. I'm guessing it's just a "customary" sort of thing, in that case. For Sipadan operators, you may PM me for my opinion, if you wish, but I won't post specific recommendations publicly since each case is a case and one operator may be a perfect fit for a particular diver while a different op is a match for another diver.

The recompression facility isn't far from the Taman TAR marine park--on Labuan island, so you're right that travel distance shouldn't have been a factor. I'm guessing it's just a "customary" sort of thing, in that case. For Sipadan operators, you may PM me for my opinion, if you wish, but I won't post specific recommendations publicly since each case is a case and one operator may be a perfect fit for a particular diver while a different op is a match for another diver.

Will do. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom