Reasons for quiting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree about the first few dives being a blur. To continue the discussion of hurling....

The only thing I really remember about my AOW (SSI) course (Boat diving and Deep diving specialties) was that at breakfast, the Instructor and Divemaster were teasing me about "Careful what you eat for breakfast - you might not be the only one eating it...." and "hope you like it coz you'll probably see it again..." eeeew.

It was all in good fun - but we were off West Palm in October - rough seas (I think they got up to 3-5 by the time we dived). I did fine, but after the cert dives, during the "fun" dives, I do remember coming up after the first dive to see my Instructor hurling over the side, then the Divemaster followed suit, and one woman hadn't been able to do ANYthing else the whole trip. After all that, I have to admit that I lost it too.... But I was fine until I saw the DM start up.

But I have almost no recollection of the dives. Pretty sure that's from paying so much attention to the mechanics of the dive that the rest is a blur.... and the passage of time, of course.

Yes - it's a glamorous sport, isn't it??

SwimJim once bubbled...
The number one reason people quit diving is finding a sutable dive buddy can be damn near impossible.

Number two is that there are so many people who are anal about equipment.
Your intermediary attitude needs adjusting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom