reasons for sickness on a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for all the help.

We managed to get a seasickness tablet called melamine which seems to have done the trick. Yesterday was rougher than the problem day and he was fine.

Thanks again, Much appreciated.

Alfie

Yes, it is Rx only, but I believed it had been discontinued in its oral form. If you are still getting it, I'd be eager to find a legitimate source. Thanks!

That's what I saw online, and confirmed by a couple of local pharmacists when I inquired. You can still have pills made for not all that much money at a compounding pharmacy. If you can get your doctor to write the script with the pertinent info, that is. When I asked my doc about that he wanted me to try the patches first. The patches stayed on well, so I never pursued the pills.

As far as I know it is RX only
It is rx only. I got my doctor to write a huge prescription when the maker, Hope Pharmaceuticals announced they were discontinuing it, and cleaned out the local supply. My plan is to go to a compounding pharmacy when my supply runs out, since this is the only way I can get on a small boat.

Back
Top Bottom