Rebreather Traveling Cases?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For my rEvo Exp (Smallest titanium version with upgraded counterlungs) a Peli Storm case iM2720 fits perfectly. Air travel requires to remove loop and BCD valve (low pressure at altitude). The loop then lays within the bottle clamps. As there are 6mm space left, the butplate fills this gap when removed. (see picture)

So far, the unit and all accessories except for weights and bottles bring the total weight to 22.5kG which is well within the common baggage allowance of 23kg for standard economy tickets.

I really had to search a lot for a practical solution and think about the packaging within the box so that additional foam etc. can be avoided. So far, after more than 50 flights and several tough land transports on- and offroad the unit did not even suffer a scratch. I am currently adding 200g silica gel during storage of the moist unit which seems to dry it out quite well and avoid any fungus etc. from forming.

The Storm Cases come with handle and rolls- this massively eases transport. The handles are non-removable and this enables the box to be locked to any pole using a simple bicycle steelwire lock where needed. A nice 'gone diving'-feature to leave your valuables on shore and the key well hidden in your drysuit :wink:

Must say- I am really happy with the quality of this cases so far...

View attachment 441702

Thanks for sharing! I just bought my Pelican Air 2720 and my rEvo titanium mini fits in it perfectly. Can't wait to travel next month. Thanks again for the post!

Great my comment helped someone! Hope you will have a great trip!

Some observations I've made since:

- do not forget your cells inside the case with the silica gel present (it dries and kills the cells)
- to avoid noise when rolling the unit, you may like to add a moist-pad onto the yellow cover, restricting movements further (perhaps sort of a resonant body thing)

Other than that- thumbs up for this Pelican people. Still super super happy.

Yep, I always carry on my cell tray and I have a foam pad in the Pelican case between the scrubber and the lid of the case.
Sweet setup!!

Have a ? for you guys I have a Hollis Prism an was looking for a hard case what do you recommend an any pics..would love to see what the Hollis looks like in a case.. Thanks.

thanks for sharing the posts about the cases, I picked up a pelican case I will post a few pics once I get the rebreather inside it. I have packed the rebreather into a larger pelican case, and it made it through airport baggage just fine, no harm to rebreather. will get a few pics posted

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom